Clash Live Series (Only an idea)

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Clash Live Series (Only an idea)

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 10:21pm
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 7:12pm
Heston wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 5:34pm
matedog wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 5:30pm
As many issues as there are with FHTE, it is still my favorite official live Clash document. Especially the expanded version they did with Sound System.
Wasn't the live mixing awful on Sound System?
I thought only on the separate Lyceum tracks. The FHTE was the same mixes, plus the two added songs. Maybe the mastering was a bit hot, but I like the Sound System mastering best in general (original vinyl aside).
I thought the word was the FHTE bonus tracks were mixed and completed when FHTE was completed and removed to tighten up the track list. The other sound system live stuff was like a rough soundboard that sounded worse than previous versions of IFTL and ECW that we’ve got from those same performances on COB.
Yep that's my take. I thought it was just those two Lyceum tracks (the bonus) tracks we are talking about here. Everything else on SS! is majestic and Tim Young (Loud) did a great job.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

Just listening to the Lyceum tracks on Sound System.
Its interesting that Joe's Tele sounds a bit beefier than usual. More overdrive. Could this have been applied during mixing? Didn't Glyn Johns do that on the Shea Stadium stuff. Also, I always think of Mick's guitar on the left hand channel of the mix and on the Lyceum stuff he's on the right.

Lastly, if the band did sign off on a Rude Boy project. How much would Sony be prepared to spend on production and how many units would they have to sell to break even.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Telecaster wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 4:28am
Just listening to the Lyceum tracks on Sound System.
Its interesting that Joe's Tele sounds a bit beefier than usual. More overdrive. Could this have been applied during mixing?

Yes its possible.

Didn't Glyn Johns do that on the Shea Stadium stuff.

No idea.

Also, I always think of Mick's guitar on the left hand channel of the mix and on the Lyceum stuff he's on the right.

Easy to invert the left and right channels.

Lastly, if the band did sign off on a Rude Boy project. How much would Sony be prepared to spend on production and how many units would they have to sell to break even.

No idea. With the original filming the audio sounded weak. So it was reworked and overdubbed.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia