A journey into the Clash CDs discography complete (parts 1-8)

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Red Angel
Junco Partner

Re: A journey into the Clash CDs discography complete (parts 1-8)

Post by Red Angel »

Toppers Boppers wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 1:29pm
Red Angel wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 4:14am
I should update but the urge is gone. :cry:
Has 'Outside Bonds' done you in?
JOE STRUMMER / MICK JONES / PAUL SIMONON / TOPPER HEADON

CRR - Combat Rock (remastered) / SSB - Sound System Box / TSB - The Singles Box / MIX - Mixed Masters (cdsingle 3”) / SBM - Super Black Market Clash / COB - Clash On Broadway (3CD) / CR91 - Combat Rock (Columbia 32787) / FHT - From Here To Eternity / TPH – The People’s Hall
Last edited by Red Angel on 02 Jul 2022, 2:09am, edited 1 time in total.
Music is the only thing that matters

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Post by TrashCityRocker »

There’s a extended 8:17 version of Radio Clash? I didn’t even know this. I’m assuming the two tracks merge together as one. “Cuban army surplus” and “Gleaming from the mountain tops” references to the FMLN of El Salvador and “Radio Venceremos” the OG guerrilla radio.

Anyone got a Mega link for the Radio clash 8:17 mix? Please. Thanks in advance

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 6:50am
There’s a extended 8:17 version of Radio Clash? I didn’t even know this. I’m assuming the two tracks merge together as one. “Cuban army surplus” and “Gleaming from the mountain tops” references to the FMLN of El Salvador and “Radio Venceremos” the OG guerrilla radio.

I hadn't noticed that and tried finding out about the release, and it also features 'The Magnificent Seven' [edit] (2:16) which I don't know of elsewhere. The remaining track, 'The Magnificent Dance' seems a straightforward use of the 12", but I'd love to get it for the two exclusive mixes.

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

dave202 wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 10:48am
TrashCityRocker wrote:

I hadn't noticed that and tried finding out about the release, and it also features ven' ['The Magnificent Set] (2:16) which I don't know of elsewhere. The remaining track, 'The Magnificent Dance' seems a straightforward use of the 12", but I'd love to get it for the two exclusive mixes.
https://www.discogs.com/release/943215- ... cent-Dance

"This Is Radio Clash / Radio Clash" (8:17) are simply the two songs one after the other.
"The Magnificent Seven" [edit] (2:16) it has nothing special.
......only for hard collectors :scared:

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Red Angel wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 1:18pm
dave202 wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:

I hadn't noticed that and tried finding out about the release, and it also features ven' ['The Magnificent Set] (2:16) which I don't know of elsewhere. The remaining track, 'The Magnificent Dance' seems a straightforward use of the 12", but I'd love to get it for the two exclusive mixes.

"This Is Radio Clash / Radio Clash" (8:17) are simply the two songs one after the other.
I have that Mixed Masters CD. From memory it isn't exactly a seamless join between the two halves of Radio Clash.

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

laxman wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 2:50pm
Red Angel wrote:
dave202 wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:

I have that Mixed Masters CD. From memory it isn't exactly a seamless join between the two halves of Radio Clash.
I checked again and believe me it is just like I wrote before however when you have time you can check by listening to the record you own too. Some time ago I posted some rarities of the Clash and since this version was useful I made a personal remix between the two songs (it is the only time I have done a remix).

https://we.tl/t-vYMG4Bt0Zf.

Regarding "The Magnificent Seven" [edit] (2:16), the first time it was released was on a 12", Epic - 48-02036 (1981)
magnificent seven.jpg
magnificent seven.jpg (122.35 KiB) Viewed 781 times

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Post by TrashCityRocker »

Red Angel wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 6:01am
laxman wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 2:50pm
Red Angel wrote:
dave202 wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:

I checked again and believe me it is just like I wrote before however when you have time you can check by listening to the record you own too. Some time ago I posted some rarities of the Clash and since this version was useful I made a personal remix between the two songs (it is the only time I have done a remix).

https://we.tl/t-vYMG4Bt0Zf.

Regarding "The Magnificent Seven" [edit] (2:16), the first time it was released was on a 12", Epic - 48-02036 (1981)

magnificent seven.jpg
Thanks! Do you have any idea if this is the same one Heston shared on YouTube?

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

I would say no, I have never posted anything on youtube. However, an audio editor program is sufficient to make your own preferred version. This is a practice that does not satisfy me so this is the only remix I have done (for the reasons I described above). To be precise I did another remix: many many years ago a tough protest march against housing speculation was organized in my neighborhood and knowing my passion for music they asked me for suitable music. So I made a long version of "The Cool Out". Behind a van with loudspeakers blasting music, there were hundreds of people with red and red-black flags waving, shouting slogans. "The Cool Out" remix worked very well and was a very suggestive situation. Obviously that remix no longer exists. :mrgreen: