Sandinista as a double

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Sandinista as a double

Post by dave202 »

Heston wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 10:44pm
Better late than never but I finally got round to splitting the tracks for this. This is for Dave or anyone else who wants to check it out. I love Sandinista! as released but this was a bit of a challenge to myself to see if I could get a more commercial album out of it using edits and a more user-friendly running order. My choices for side one, for example, seek to reel you in rather than alienate you. And The Street Parade was always the obvious album closer.

I used the Sound System versions except for Mag 7 which is the single mix from "The Singles." I also applied some mastering and EQ across all the tracks.

Here is my tracklisting again with editing info...

Disc One
The Magnificent Seven - Rather than the reverb-drenched album version I used the crisper single mix but edited in the acappella intro from the Magnificent Dance. I also shortened the instrumental intro and added some delay to Joe's vocal
Up In Heaven (Not Only Here) - Edited out the train noises near the end but kept the original fade
Corner Soul
The Leader
One More Time
Charlie Don't Surf
Somebody Got Murdered
The Call Up
Hitsville UK
The Equaliser - Removed the dub intro
Let's Go Crazy - Got rid of the "market seller" spoken intro and outro
Something About England

Disc Two
Police On My Back
Kingston Advice
The Sound of the Sinners - Removed the reprise-style ending
Ivan Meets G.I. Joe
Version City - Took out the speaking intro and outro
Broadway - Lost the kiddy vocal at the end
Washington Bullets
Midnight Log
Junco Partner
Rebel Waltz
If Music Could Talk - Mainly used the left channel but sometimes used both channels for instrumental passages
The Street Parade

Disc One...https://www.filefactory.com/file/eecvy5 ... %20One.rar

Disc Two...https://www.filefactory.com/file/3qynsw ... %20Two.rar
In keeping with the theme, my thanks are better late than never Heston. I'm having trouble with internet connection at the moment, so it might take even longer before I can download and give this a listen. Howver, I can say I like the idea of the edits you have made. Looking forward to hearing the fruits of your labour some day soon.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

dave202 wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 11:07am
Heston wrote:
Better late than never but I finally got round to splitting the tracks for this. This is for Dave or anyone else who wants to check it out. I love Sandinista! as released but this was a bit of a challenge to myself to see if I could get a more commercial album out of it using edits and a more user-friendly running order. My choices for side one, for example, seek to reel you in rather than alienate you. And The Street Parade was always the obvious album closer.

I used the Sound System versions except for Mag 7 which is the single mix from "The Singles." I also applied some mastering and EQ across all the tracks.

Disc One
The Magnificent Seven - Rather than the reverb-drenched album version I used the crisper single mix but edited in the acappella intro from the Magnificent Dance. I also shortened the instrumental intro and added some delay to Joe's vocal
Up In Heaven (Not Only Here) - Edited out the train noises near the end but kept the original fade
Corner Soul
The Leader
One More Time
Charlie Don't Surf
Somebody Got Murdered
The Call Up
Hitsville UK
Something About England

Disc Two
Police On My Back
Kingston Advice
Ivan Meets G.I. Joe
Washington Bullets
Midnight Log
Junco Partner
Rebel Waltz
If Music Could Talk - Mainly used the left channel but sometimes used both channels for instrumental passages
The Street Parade

In keeping with the theme, my thanks are better late than never Heston. I'm having trouble with internet connection at the moment, so it might take even longer before I can download and give this a listen. Howver, I can say I like the idea of the edits you have made. Looking forward to hearing the fruits of your labour some day soon.
No worries Dave. If the link expires before you grab it just let me know.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Heston wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 12:01pm
dave202 wrote:
Heston wrote:

Disc One
Corner Soul
The Leader
One More Time
Charlie Don't Surf
Somebody Got Murdered
The Call Up
Hitsville UK
Something About England

Disc Two
Police On My Back
Kingston Advice
Ivan Meets G.I. Joe
Washington Bullets
Midnight Log
Junco Partner
Rebel Waltz
The Street Parade

All done, dusted and ripped and enjoyed to the full! It works this way, especially with your edits. Many thanks.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

dave202 wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 10:01am
Heston wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 12:01pm
dave202 wrote:
Heston wrote:

Disc One
Corner Soul
The Leader
One More Time
Charlie Don't Surf
Somebody Got Murdered
The Call Up
Hitsville UK
Something About England

Disc Two
Police On My Back
Kingston Advice
Ivan Meets G.I. Joe
Washington Bullets
Midnight Log
Junco Partner
Rebel Waltz
The Street Parade

All done, dusted and ripped and enjoyed to the full! It works this way, especially with your edits. Many thanks.
Cheers Dave, glad you enjoyed it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board