London calling guitar parts: Close Up Look and lesson

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

London calling guitar parts: Close Up Look and lesson

Post by chocolatejesus »

One of my fav yt guitar tutors (guitarists should check Out his channel where he teaches all kinds of Punk/Postpunk/Independent greats for beginners and intermediate Players) posted this great lesson for lc, i guess non-guitarists might want to Check it Out as Well to see how much is actually going on in this Song

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: London calling guitar parts: Close Up Look and lesson

Post by Low Down Low »

This non guitarist found that very interesting and informative, thanks for posting. Pity he couldnt do the whole song at the beginning.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Watched this earlier, he really got to the bottom of it. I'm glad he picked up on the constant Em on the intro thing, I was banging on about it for years. Marcus was meant to give me a credit for it in Route 19 Revisited but it never happened.

But yeah, it shows all the subtleties in the song, one of the things that marked the Clash out from the pack for me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

chocolatejesus wrote:
22 Mar 2020, 11:59am
(guitarists should check Out his channel where he teaches all kinds of Punk/Postpunk/Independent greats for beginners and intermediate Players)
He almost got me to master This Charming Man. Quite an achievement considering my lack of skill.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

this guy made a great works and sure there is several mixed guitars on london calling making it difficult to hear them correctly but there is a sublety in the intro he didn't get. Mick is not playing a Em all along (but may be one of the guitar do, but i m not sure)
and as I will not be able to translate it into English exactly look at the photos

First it's a Em but look at the the little and ring fingers

in this position you just have to slide your little finger on the 10th box (on the C) and you get an Emb6

Et voilà

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

bazarboy75 wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 6:44am
this guy made a great works and sure there is several mixed guitars on london calling making it difficult to hear them correctly but there is a sublety in the intro he didn't get. Mick is not playing a Em all along (but may be one of the guitar do, but i m not sure)
and as I will not be able to translate it into English exactly look at the photos

First it's a Em but look at the the little and ring fingers

in this position you just have to slide your little finger on the 10th box (on the C) and you get an Emb6

Et voilà
Well explained mate and that's how I play it. But there is a constant Em in the background too. I discovered it when there was a wire loose in my speakers and you could only hear part of the record.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board