Buying Capitol radio

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
JINJER
Corner Soul

Buying Capitol radio

Post by JINJER »

Thanks to this vile virus I've managed to accrue a small wedge of money, so I've decided I'd like to try and purchase an original Capitol radio. I've started looking around and prices range from £12 up to £200, the £12 one obviously isn't an original, what do I look for to ensure I get an original, is there a certain number as in a serial number to look out for? Any info would be great, thanks all.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Re: Buying Capitol radio

Post by laxman »

JINJER wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 7:42am
Thanks to this vile virus I've managed to accrue a small wedge of money, so I've decided I'd like to try and purchase an original Capitol radio. I've started looking around and prices range from £12 up to £200, the £12 one obviously isn't an original, what do I look for to ensure I get an original, is there a certain number as in a serial number to look out for? Any info would be great, thanks all.
Good for you, every cloud etc.

Are you a member of the Clash City Collectors page on Facebook? That has a photo section which catalogues pretty much everything.

JINJER
Corner Soul

Post by JINJER »

laxman wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 7:48am
JINJER wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 7:42am
Good for you, every cloud etc.

Are you a member of the Clash City Collectors page on Facebook? That has a photo section which catalogues pretty much everything.
Thanks for that.
As for every cloud etc that wasn't mentioned as a boast just how I'm gonna finance it.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

No problem and don’t worry, it doesn’t read as a boast. Good luck getting one. I only have it in the CD box set and a non original vinyl version.

JINJER
Corner Soul

Post by JINJER »

laxman wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 9:17am
No problem and don’t worry, it doesn’t read as a boast. Good luck getting one. I only have it in the CD box set and a non original vinyl version.
I've wanted it from day one but never got round to it. I've applied to the Facebook page you suggested, thanks for that.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Was this never an official release? This is all I'm seeing at Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/The-Clash-Capit ... se/1495653
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 1:21pm
Was this never an official release? This is all I'm seeing at Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/The-Clash-Capit ... se/1495653
it was always just a promo giveaway, but the clash camp seems to have long considered it part of the official release canon, so who are we to argue?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 1:26pm
Kory wrote:
it was always just a promo giveaway, but the clash camp seems to have long considered it part of the official release canon, so who are we to argue?
Inder, someone's hacked Flex's account.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
It was an official release via the album giveaway. But not a scheduled single release.

It's why the band re-recorded the song for the CoL ep. The freebie was fetching silly prices back then.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 1:31pm

*quickly tries to think of something flex would say*

uhhh, i love 90s music. like marcy playground and dave matthews. and what i really love is madches-*account terminated*
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 1:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 1:31pm

*quickly tries to think of something flex would say*

uhhh, i love 90s music. like marcy playground and dave matthews. and what i really love is madches-*account terminated*
Good ol' Inder, protecting us from kitchen renovator scams and real robots posing as fake robots.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft