EET WEEK motion

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:40am
Kory wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 1:01pm
matedog wrote:
27 Apr 2020, 6:09pm
So are we holding off on EET week until early June and doing the 76-78, etc. retrospectives?
Sounds fun to me.
Looks like everyone is supportive of this. Should we start next week with 76-78?
Yes. How will this work exactly?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21889
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:55am
matedog wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:40am
Kory wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 1:01pm
matedog wrote:
27 Apr 2020, 6:09pm
So are we holding off on EET week until early June and doing the 76-78, etc. retrospectives?
Sounds fun to me.
Looks like everyone is supportive of this. Should we start next week with 76-78?
Yes. How will this work exactly?
Inder proposed it, I'll see if he has any ideas. I'll upload a show from 76, 77, and 78 on separate days (timing willing) and we can do a thread for each to comment. We can have a 77 observations thread or something of the like where we discuss the singles or shows or whatever. I imagine we'd wing it like we normally do these things.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 10:00am
Heston wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:55am
matedog wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:40am
Kory wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 1:01pm
matedog wrote:
27 Apr 2020, 6:09pm
So are we holding off on EET week until early June and doing the 76-78, etc. retrospectives?
Sounds fun to me.
Looks like everyone is supportive of this. Should we start next week with 76-78?
Yes. How will this work exactly?
Inder proposed it, I'll see if he has any ideas. I'll upload a show from 76, 77, and 78 on separate days (timing willing) and we can do a thread for each to comment. We can have a 77 observations thread or something of the like where we discuss the singles or shows or whatever. I imagine we'd wing it like we normally do these things.
Can we call 1983 "PEET WEEK?"
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 15795
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 10:21am
matedog wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 10:00am
Heston wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:55am
matedog wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:40am
Kory wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 1:01pm


Sounds fun to me.
Looks like everyone is supportive of this. Should we start next week with 76-78?
Yes. How will this work exactly?
Inder proposed it, I'll see if he has any ideas. I'll upload a show from 76, 77, and 78 on separate days (timing willing) and we can do a thread for each to comment. We can have a 77 observations thread or something of the like where we discuss the singles or shows or whatever. I imagine we'd wing it like we normally do these things.
Can we call 1983 "PEET WEEK?"
1979: ELITE WEEK
Authority is supposedly grounded in wisdom, but I could see from a very early age that authority was only a system of control and it didn't have any inherent wisdom. I quickly realised that you either became a power or you were crushed


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12210
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 9:40am
Kory wrote:
28 Apr 2020, 1:01pm
matedog wrote:
27 Apr 2020, 6:09pm
So are we holding off on EET week until early June and doing the 76-78, etc. retrospectives?
Sounds fun to me.
Looks like everyone is supportive of this. Should we start next week with 76-78?
Yes, I hope we get a live version of How Can I Understand the Flies, or whatever the hell.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46148
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Marky Dread »

1985 - BAD WEEK
Last edited by Marky Dread on 01 May 2020, 3:47am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21485
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
25 Apr 2020, 6:46pm
What say we bring it forward a month or so? I'd rather go mad in lockdown. Who's in charge?
Looks like we have started EET Week early round here!!!
Attachments
76BBFD4B-7B50-48D9-AF56-45A450032FC4.jpeg

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Heston »

If we live-listen an 82 show can it be Troy Fieldhouse? The best Stay Free ever and a generally excellent show.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21889
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
08 May 2020, 6:17pm
If we live-listen an 82 show can it be Troy Fieldhouse? The best Stay Free ever and a generally excellent show.
Yes and let's start next week. I think we were supposed to start this week but I've been completely swamped with work and 2 year old.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1958
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
08 May 2020, 6:17pm
If we live-listen an 82 show can it be Troy Fieldhouse? The best Stay Free ever and a generally excellent show.
Hello,

Yes it was. I was there.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33350
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Heston »

gkbill wrote:
08 May 2020, 8:02pm
Heston wrote:
08 May 2020, 6:17pm
If we live-listen an 82 show can it be Troy Fieldhouse? The best Stay Free ever and a generally excellent show.
Hello,

Yes it was. I was there.
Lend me your mind and memories for an hour.

I don't care what people say about Terry, this show hits heights of musicality and tightness they never achieved during the alleged golden years. And Joe's live singing was never better.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1958
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
08 May 2020, 8:07pm
gkbill wrote:
08 May 2020, 8:02pm
Heston wrote:
08 May 2020, 6:17pm
If we live-listen an 82 show can it be Troy Fieldhouse? The best Stay Free ever and a generally excellent show.
Hello,

Yes it was. I was there.
Lend me your mind and memories for an hour.

I don't care what people say about Terry, this show hits heights of musicality and tightness they never achieved during the alleged golden years. And Joe's live singing was never better.
Hello,

Wow - been a while. I think they sounded muscular, really strong, really confident. I don't recall any stage talk/patter from Joe. I remember Radio Clash being great. I didn't know enough about who was drumming.

There was a situation between myself and a girl - long story.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46148
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Marky Dread »

C'mon baby do the EET WEEK Motion.
Image

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5165
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by Olaf »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 May 2020, 7:27am
C'mon baby do the EET WEEK Motion.
Your name is Kylie today?

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 18990
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: EET WEEK motion

Post by JennyB »

Question - if you were to describe EET week to the non-observant (i.e. people who are normal, unlike us), how would you describe it using two or three sentences?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply