EET Week Warm Up: 1976!

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

EET Week Warm Up: 1976!

Post by matedog »

See the separate thread for the Marky bootleg youtube upload. Post whatever you want about 1976: 101ers! Keith Levene! Rob Harper! I Know What Know What To Think Of You! Polydor Demos!

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: EET Week Warm Up: 1976!

Post by matedog »

This was the interview I referenced earlier:

Paul does spout a bunch of song titles, but is a bit more thoughtful than I gave him credit for.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Post by chocolatejesus »

I think Keys To Your Heart is a nice and catchy and surprisingly nice arranged Song.

Also i wonder how the Clash would have developed If Keith would have stayed. I Like his guitar work on pil.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I still think the best 101ers song was Rabies. Great wordplay despite the dodgy subject and an amazing guitar solo.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board