Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!

As per thread title

Dictator
1
3%
Dirty Punk
0
No votes
Are You Red...y
5
15%
We Are the Clash
2
6%
Cool Under Heat
1
3%
Movers and Shakers
2
6%
Three Card Trick
13
39%
Play To Win
0
No votes
Fingerpoppin'
0
No votes
North and South
8
24%
Life Is Wild
1
3%
 
Total votes: 33

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46670
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
20 Jun 2020, 5:22am
Marky Dread wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 5:26pm
Olaf wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 12:50pm
Heston wrote:
19 Jun 2020, 11:37am
Which mad man voted for Dictator?
Probably a protest vote. :shifty:
Please put that gold Beretta down now.
From my cold dead hands!
Yes sir, sorry!
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 5265
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germanien

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Olaf »


Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46670
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 5:41am
I was hoping for Safety Dance by Men Without Hats.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 89427
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 5:41am
The world's shittiest jukebox, everyone!
Back off, or I'll blow the roof off—with sound!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46670
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 6:28am
Olaf wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 5:41am
The world's shittiest jukebox, everyone!
...or just the one you play the most. ;)
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

msza2
Sightsee MC
Posts: 299
Joined: 22 Aug 2012, 2:15pm

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by msza2 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 8:39pm
"North and South" has a certain lament or wistfulness that conveys more real emotion than anything else on the album. Grading on a curve is a helluva thing, tho.
+1. North and South is in the neighborhood of good. The Ctc production was more merciful on the ballads.

Honorable mention to We Are the Clash because I always thought it would be a funny song for someone to cover.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46670
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Marky Dread »

msza2 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 8:39pm
"North and South" has a certain lament or wistfulness that conveys more real emotion than anything else on the album. Grading on a curve is a helluva thing, tho.
+1. North and South is in the neighborhood of good. The Ctc production was more merciful on the ballads.

Honorable mention to We Are the Clash because I always thought it would be a funny song for someone to cover.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

msza2
Sightsee MC
Posts: 299
Joined: 22 Aug 2012, 2:15pm

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by msza2 »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:49pm
msza2 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 8:39pm
"North and South" has a certain lament or wistfulness that conveys more real emotion than anything else on the album. Grading on a curve is a helluva thing, tho.
+1. North and South is in the neighborhood of good. The Ctc production was more merciful on the ballads.

Honorable mention to We Are the Clash because I always thought it would be a funny song for someone to cover.
Haha. Well, there you go. I guess it's not quite as funny as I imagined!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33737
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Heston »

msza2 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 3:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:49pm
msza2 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 8:39pm
"North and South" has a certain lament or wistfulness that conveys more real emotion than anything else on the album. Gr

ading on a curve is a helluva thing, tho.
+1. North and South is in the neighborhood of good. The Ctc production was more merciful on the ballads.

Honorable mention to We Are the Clash because I always thought it would be a funny song for someone to cover.
Haha. Well, there you go. I guess it's not quite as funny as I imagined!
My favourite Clash cover!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46670
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 4:33pm
msza2 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 3:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:49pm
msza2 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jun 2020, 8:39pm
"North and South" has a certain lament or wistfulness that conveys more real emotion than anything else on the album. Gr

ading on a curve is a helluva thing, tho.
+1. North and South is in the neighborhood of good. The Ctc production was more merciful on the ballads.

Honorable mention to We Are the Clash because I always thought it would be a funny song for someone to cover.
Haha. Well, there you go. I guess it's not quite as funny as I imagined!
My favourite Clash cover!
Not as good as "We Aren't The Clash" by some bloke I know. ;)
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53544
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Wolter »

Olaf wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 5:41am
Look, it’s Flex, Hoy, and me at the CTC Cougar Bar.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33737
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 5:27pm
Heston wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 4:33pm
msza2 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 3:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:49pm
msza2 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:30pm


+1. North and South is in the neighborhood of good. The Ctc production was more merciful on the ballads.

Honorable mention to We Are the Clash because I always thought it would be a funny song for someone to cover.
Haha. Well, there you go. I guess it's not quite as funny as I imagined!
My favourite Clash cover!
Not as good as "We Aren't The Clash" by some bloke I know. ;)
It was crying out for that change of title. The fact it got a mention in Ralph's book made my year, I must admit. :mrgreen:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21984
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 5:35pm
Olaf wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 5:41am
Look, it’s Flex, Hoy, and me at the CTC Cougar Bar.
That was a fun night!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46670
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 6:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 5:27pm
Heston wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 4:33pm
msza2 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 3:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 2:49pm


Haha. Well, there you go. I guess it's not quite as funny as I imagined!
My favourite Clash cover!
Not as good as "We Aren't The Clash" by some bloke I know. ;)
It was crying out for that change of title. The fact it got a mention in Ralph's book made my year, I must admit. :mrgreen:
Well deserved mate. Expect a telegram from her Maj any day soon. ;)
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

NoMoreHugh
Junco Partner
Posts: 478
Joined: 17 Dec 2012, 7:24pm
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: Leaving out This Is England, what is your favourite song on CTC?

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Really surprised We are the Clash didn't get a single vote

Post Reply