My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
101Walterton
The Best

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by 101Walterton »

Kory wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 1:31am
KCportland wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 11:25pm
Last night I rewatched that doc Rise and Fall of the Clash for the first time since it came out. Great for a fan made doc.

For the most part in that documentary Mick is very soft spoken and deferential and isn't elaborating on much. But on the subject of Glyn Johns being brought in to remix Rat Patrol, Mick says, quite pointedly and heavy with sarcasm, "and then all of a sudden I didn't know how to mix a record anymore" and then just smiles, knowingly.

The interview is from only 5ish years ago, so to me it feels like that whole episode was and still is a very tough pill to swallow for Mick, even decades later.
All the more reason to release his version and be vindicated.
Feet to the fire let the fans decide!!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 1:36am
Kory wrote:
KCportland wrote:
Last night I rewatched that doc Rise and Fall of the Clash for the first time since it came out. Great for a fan made doc.

For the most part in that documentary Mick is very soft spoken and deferential and isn't elaborating on much. But on the subject of Glyn Johns being brought in to remix Rat Patrol, Mick says, quite pointedly and heavy with sarcasm, "and then all of a sudden I didn't know how to mix a record anymore" and then just smiles, knowingly.

The interview is from only 5ish years ago, so to me it feels like that whole episode was and still is a very tough pill to swallow for Mick, even decades later.
Well Mick has relented and released some of it on the SS box.

But I don't think Mick is bitter about it after all these years. When you are put into a documentary like Rise and Fall you are talking now about how it was then.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 4:50am
101Walterton wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 1:36am
Kory wrote:
KCportland wrote:

Well Mick has relented and released some of it on the SS box.

But I don't think Mick is bitter about it after all these years. When you are put into a documentary like Rise and Fall you are talking now about how it was then.
Yeah I was being tongue in cheek I think this discussion has been done to death. Up to Mick what he wants to do.

OutOfControl
Corner Soul

Post by OutOfControl »

Mick's mix of Inoculated City meets Ripley's Believe It Or Not

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3bbl2q