My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21752
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by 101Walterton »

I was sure I had a Snotty Snail version of Rat Patrol but can’t find it.
I did find 2 boots claiming to be Rat Patrol but clearly neither are and I think appeared around the same time as Walk Evil Talk?

JohnS
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 747
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 6:18pm

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by JohnS »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 9:56pm
I was sure I had a Snotty Snail version of Rat Patrol but can’t find it.
I did find 2 boots claiming to be Rat Patrol but clearly neither are and I think appeared around the same time as Walk Evil Talk?
I think you mean this one, from round about the same time the Snotty Snail titles appeared and with very similar fold-out poster booklet and really pro-quality graphics. But on the Nicaragua 'label' ...

https://www.discogs.com/The-Clash-Rat-P ... ter/571382
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21752
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by 101Walterton »

JohnS wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 2:59am
101Walterton wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 9:56pm
I was sure I had a Snotty Snail version of Rat Patrol but can’t find it.
I did find 2 boots claiming to be Rat Patrol but clearly neither are and I think appeared around the same time as Walk Evil Talk?
I think you mean this one, from round about the same time the Snotty Snail titles appeared and with very similar fold-out poster booklet and really pro-quality graphics. But on the Nicaragua 'label' ...

https://www.discogs.com/The-Clash-Rat-P ... ter/571382
Thanks John yes that’s the one.

I also have these not so professional ones 😂
Attachments
6DDCC2D0-2FBF-4C0C-8699-E2E61F880107.jpeg

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46657
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by Marky Dread »

I've got these two.
As previous...
Attachments
CLASH (2).jpg
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46657
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by Marky Dread »

And this one on the Darkside label 2003.
Attachments
CLASH (1).jpg
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21752
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 10:33am
I've got these two.
As previous...
Is the SS one the correct track list etc..

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46657
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 5:41pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 10:33am
I've got these two.
As previous...
Is the SS one the correct track list etc..
SS one?
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21752
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:09pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 5:41pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 10:33am
I've got these two.
As previous...
Is the SS one the correct track list etc..
SS one?
Snotty

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46657
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:09pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 5:41pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 10:33am
I've got these two.
As previous...
Is the SS one the correct track list etc..
SS one?
Snotty
Nicaragua label not Snotty Snail. When you say the correct track list which track list are you referring to.

It has all the Rat Patrol tracks and the instrumentals from the Hell W10 soundtrack plus some alt takes and some live takes.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21752
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:55pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:09pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 5:41pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 10:33am
I've got these two.
As previous...
Is the SS one the correct track list etc..
SS one?
Snotty
Nicaragua label not Snotty Snail. When you say the correct track list which track list are you referring to.

It has all the Rat Patrol tracks and the instrumentals from the Hell W10 soundtrack plus some alt takes and some live takes.
Ok, I meant Mick’s original tracklist.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46657
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 7:05pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:55pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:09pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 5:41pm


Is the SS one the correct track list etc..
SS one?
Snotty
Nicaragua label not Snotty Snail. When you say the correct track list which track list are you referring to.

It has all the Rat Patrol tracks and the instrumentals from the Hell W10 soundtrack plus some alt takes and some live takes.
Ok, I meant Mick’s original tracklist.
As in the same order or just the same tracks?

The tracks on the silver discs bootlegs are not exactly the same as Mick's tape which has not been released.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21752
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 5:36am
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 7:05pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:55pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:09pm


SS one?
Snotty
Nicaragua label not Snotty Snail. When you say the correct track list which track list are you referring to.

It has all the Rat Patrol tracks and the instrumentals from the Hell W10 soundtrack plus some alt takes and some live takes.
Ok, I meant Mick’s original tracklist.
As in the same order or just the same tracks?

The tracks on the silver discs bootlegs are not exactly the same as Mick's tape which has not been released.
Yes I meant the same order.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46657
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 6:11am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 5:36am
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 7:05pm
Marky Dread wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:55pm
101Walterton wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 6:36pm


Snotty
Nicaragua label not Snotty Snail. When you say the correct track list which track list are you referring to.

It has all the Rat Patrol tracks and the instrumentals from the Hell W10 soundtrack plus some alt takes and some live takes.
Ok, I meant Mick’s original tracklist.
As in the same order or just the same tracks?

The tracks on the silver discs bootlegs are not exactly the same as Mick's tape which has not been released.
Yes I meant the same order.
They are not in the same order as per Mick's tape.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

KCportland
Corner Soul
Posts: 39
Joined: 23 May 2015, 12:49am

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by KCportland »

Last night I rewatched that doc Rise and Fall of the Clash for the first time since it came out. Great for a fan made doc.

For the most part in that documentary Mick is very soft spoken and deferential and isn't elaborating on much. But on the subject of Glyn Johns being brought in to remix Rat Patrol, Mick says, quite pointedly and heavy with sarcasm, "and then all of a sudden I didn't know how to mix a record anymore" and then just smiles, knowingly.

The interview is from only 5ish years ago, so to me it feels like that whole episode was and still is a very tough pill to swallow for Mick, even decades later.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12305
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: My semi-annual plea for Rat Patrol, part 27

Post by Kory »

KCportland wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 11:25pm
Last night I rewatched that doc Rise and Fall of the Clash for the first time since it came out. Great for a fan made doc.

For the most part in that documentary Mick is very soft spoken and deferential and isn't elaborating on much. But on the subject of Glyn Johns being brought in to remix Rat Patrol, Mick says, quite pointedly and heavy with sarcasm, "and then all of a sudden I didn't know how to mix a record anymore" and then just smiles, knowingly.

The interview is from only 5ish years ago, so to me it feels like that whole episode was and still is a very tough pill to swallow for Mick, even decades later.
All the more reason to release his version and be vindicated.
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Post Reply