Red Angel Dragnet - what is making this sound?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
tbelcher
Corner Soul

Red Angel Dragnet - what is making this sound?

Post by tbelcher »

I've heard this in the various Rat Patrol versions of the song, but I was listening to the remastered Combat Rock with headphones tonight and it struck me again: What is making the background/low volume almost scratching sound at 1:46 and then again around 2:33? Almost like slowed down record scratching. Anyone have a guess?

Thanks,

Tim

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Red Angel Dragnet - what is making this sound?

Post by Kory »

tbelcher wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 12:41am
I've heard this in the various Rat Patrol versions of the song, but I was listening to the remastered Combat Rock with headphones tonight and it struck me again: What is making the background/low volume almost scratching sound at 1:46 and then again around 2:33? Almost like slowed down record scratching. Anyone have a guess?

Thanks,

Tim
Knowing the use of velcro at the beginning of GOB, it could be something practical like that which we would never guess. It does kind of remind me of a more laid-back version of some of Tubby's sound effects on the Freedom Sounds track "Stone."

WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Red Angel Dragnet - what is making this sound?

Post by Marky Dread »

tbelcher wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 12:41am

Thanks,

Tim
The unreleased Rat Patrol version is 5 mins 8 seconds long and contains a bit more of that sound. I think it will be a synth noise that has been distorted.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty