Red Angel Dragnet - what is making this sound?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
tbelcher
Corner Soul

Red Angel Dragnet - what is making this sound?

Post by tbelcher »

I've heard this in the various Rat Patrol versions of the song, but I was listening to the remastered Combat Rock with headphones tonight and it struck me again: What is making the background/low volume almost scratching sound at 1:46 and then again around 2:33? Almost like slowed down record scratching. Anyone have a guess?

Thanks,

Tim

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Red Angel Dragnet - what is making this sound?

Post by Kory »

tbelcher wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 12:41am
I've heard this in the various Rat Patrol versions of the song, but I was listening to the remastered Combat Rock with headphones tonight and it struck me again: What is making the background/low volume almost scratching sound at 1:46 and then again around 2:33? Almost like slowed down record scratching. Anyone have a guess?

Thanks,

Tim
Knowing the use of velcro at the beginning of GOB, it could be something practical like that which we would never guess. It does kind of remind me of a more laid-back version of some of Tubby's sound effects on the Freedom Sounds track "Stone."

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Red Angel Dragnet - what is making this sound?

Post by Marky Dread »

tbelcher wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 12:41am

Thanks,

Tim
The unreleased Rat Patrol version is 5 mins 8 seconds long and contains a bit more of that sound. I think it will be a synth noise that has been distorted.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia