Lewisham soundboard

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Lewisham soundboard

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 4:04pm
So on the back it reads "to jerky jerk from uncle G". Nice. :approve:
IMG_0962.JPG
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 4:19pm
Marky Dread wrote:
IMG_0962.JPG
Ooh I bet Neil is jealous. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 6:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
IMG_0962.JPG
Dumbass paid the money and this phony got the mention. Liner notes even thank Dr. Medulla.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 10:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
IMG_0962.JPG
Dumbass paid the money and this phony got the mention. Liner notes even thank Dr. Medulla.
Hello,

How has Dr. Medulla transformed a thread about a Clash show at Lewisham to a Swans thread?

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I thought I’d posted recently on this.The basic premise is that Mick and Paul prepared Sound System, and the same masterings were used at two lower prices: the five album pink box and The Clash Hits Back, where they tried to do something different with yet another greatest hits. Ten years back it was still of the essence to get something new on the store shelves. Three choices ranging from a tenner to a hundred fifty quid. The live promotion the group did would work for any of the purchases, which paid for the studio time. I remember I took a vinyl copy of Hits Back as we left the promo event in New York and walked across town to Gerb’s. Mick seemed horrified that I was openly carrying the record as we walked. The free Sound System box he was bringing to give Gerb was disguised in cardboard packaging, so no one could see, unlike with me. It’s hard to be cool all of the time.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
IMG_0962.JPG
Alter ego's 'eh you can't live with 'em and you can't without 'em. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 2:03am
I thought I’d posted recently on this.The basic premise is that Mick and Paul prepared Sound System, and the same masterings were used at two lower prices: the five album pink box and The Clash Hits Back, where they tried to do something different with yet another greatest hits. Ten years back it was still of the essence to get something new on the store shelves. Three choices ranging from a tenner to a hundred fifty quid. The live promotion the group did would work for any of the purchases, which paid for the studio time. I remember I took a vinyl copy of Hits Back as we left the promo event in New York and walked across town to Gerb’s. Mick seemed horrified that I was openly carrying the record as we walked. The free Sound System box he was bringing to give Gerb was disguised in cardboard packaging, so no one could see, unlike with me. It’s hard to be cool all of the time.
I don't remember this story previously but this made me smile. The fan and the artist both being cool in their own way.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 12:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
IMG_0962.JPG
Hello,

How has Dr. Medulla transformed a thread about a Clash show at Lewisham to a Swans thread?
Blame Marky, not me!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 6:30am
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

IMG_0962.JPG
Hello,

Blame Marky, not me!
Tut tut :naughty:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 6:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Hello,

Blame Marky, not me!
I ain't goin' down for this, man. I can't go back to jail. I got a good thing on the outside.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 7:59am
Marky Dread wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 6:37am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Blame Marky, not me!
I ain't goin' down for this, man. I can't go back to jail. I got a good thing on the outside.
Yes I agree let's blame Flex! Sorted. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Tim Bucknall
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Tim Bucknall »

Good luck with Lewisham
Hypothetically, if you get hold of it who is set up to do DAT transfers?

I liked the idea of hits back but the stupid fake “encore“ stuck on the end was like they lost confidence in the idea

We’ve had the cleverly sequenced story of the clash vol 1
The chronologically sequenced singles/essential Clash

With the record company pushing them to put out yet another best of it was a neat solution
I love a good setlist, it shows the songs bands considered important that maybe wouldn’t make a singles compilation
but it didn’t really work, the albums sound too different, it accidentally emphasised the genius of how the clash updated their old stuff in concert so londons burning did work next to street parade etc.
found myself wishing it was real live clash and donated it to goodwill
I even bought that wierdo Australian compilation from 1991 that featured This Is England but story of.. is the one for me.

Yes it’s infuriating that a band like the clash don’t have the definitive Official live document that can be bought by the non bootleg owning public. I would love to have some clash version of live at leeds to get the word out
I totally get that Mick & Paul have been clear that they don’t want to release stuff Joe didn’t sign off on
Btw if we can have a remixed London calling 7” for Record store day then Why not an official version of the “this is dub clash” bootleg but sourced from master tapes?

But some kind of bonds release is in the works so hopefully there will be some kind of standalone audio portion as my back issues won’t let me sit down to watch a concert thats as long as the entire Sandinista! Album :D
This could be what we’ve been waiting for

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Tim Bucknall wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 1:27am
Good luck with Lewisham

I liked the idea of hits back but the stupid fake “encore“ stuck on the end was like they lost confidence in the idea

With the record company pushing them to put out yet another best of it was a neat solution
I love a good setlist, it shows the songs bands considered important that maybe wouldn’t make a singles compilation
but it didn’t really work, the albums sound too different, it accidentally emphasised the genius of how the clash updated their old stuff in concert so londons burning did work next to street parade etc.
I even bought that wierdo Australian compilation from 1991 that featured This Is England but story of.. is the one for me.

Yes it’s infuriating that a band like the clash don’t have the definitive Official live document that can be bought by the non bootleg owning public. I would love to have some clash version of live at leeds to get the word out
I totally get that Mick & Paul have been clear that they don’t want to release stuff Joe didn’t sign off on
Btw if we can have a remixed London calling 7” for Record store day then Why not an official version of the “this is dub clash” bootleg but sourced from master tapes?

But some kind of bonds release is in the works so hopefully there will be some kind of standalone audio portion as my back issues won’t let me sit down to watch a concert thats as long as the entire Sandinista! Album :D
We're only 10 weeks away from th UK anniversary of Sandanista. I just hope that the pandemic hasn't held up any plans for some kind of commemerative release. :shifty:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 4:10am
Tim Bucknall wrote:
Good luck with Lewisham

We're only 10 weeks away from th UK anniversary of Sandanista. I just hope that the pandemic hasn't held up any plans for some kind of commemerative release. :shifty:
Good news Sony have found two more children's songs in the vault. A cover of "Oranges & Lemons" and an extended version of "The Guns of Brixton" sung by Maria Gallagher but remixed by Mikey Dread.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 5:38am
white man wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 4:10am
Tim Bucknall wrote:
Good luck with Lewisham

Good news Sony have found two more children's songs in the vault. A cover of "Oranges & Lemons" and an extended version of "The Guns of Brixton" sung by Maria Gallagher but remixed by Mikey Dread.
The Clash covering XTC albums; sounds interesting!