Lewisham soundboard

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Lewisham soundboard

Post by Heston »

Guy on Facebook says he has DAT tapes of the full gig that he mixed for Mick back in 2000. Tried to coax an upload out of him to no avail. Pics...
lewish2.jpg
lewish1.jpg
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Lewisham soundboard

Post by matedog »

GAAAAAH.
Which group is it? I don't see it on Parole. Is he looking for money for it? And he is certain it's the soundboard?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 12:00pm
GAAAAAH.
Which group is it? I don't see it on Parole. Is he looking for money for it? And he is certain it's the soundboard?
"We Love the Clash"

I can add and tag you if you like?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's the soundboard. Didn't want to upload it as he doesn't have a DAT player and was also worried about copyright issues.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 12:01pm
matedog wrote:
GAAAAAH.
"We Love the Clash"

Please.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 12:10pm
Heston wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 12:01pm
matedog wrote:
GAAAAAH.
"We Love the Clash"

Please.
I've sent an invite but I think it has to be approved by a moderator.

matedog

Post by matedog »

I just PM'd the guy as a last ditch effort (without being too push) to see if he'd be willing to share in some form.

Also worth noting that they have night one of Shea on soundboard too. Far less compelling, but add it to the list of shows in the Sony archive.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

matedog wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 9:52am
I just PM'd the guy as a last ditch effort (without being too push) to see if he'd be willing to share in some form.

Also worth noting that they have night one of Shea on soundboard too. Far less compelling, but add it to the list of shows in the Sony archive.
I'm hoping it works out! I would absolutely love to hear these, so hopefully he's willing to share it with you. I do understand his worry for copyright, but I can't imagine it would be an issue.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

River wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 8:19pm
matedog wrote:

I'm hoping it works out! I would absolutely love to hear these, so hopefully he's willing to share it with you. I do understand his worry for copyright, but I can't imagine it would be an issue.
Hmmm as much as I would dearly love to hear it. I think it would be very wise to keep it to himself. It was prepared at Whitfield Street for Mick and Sony.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 3:58am
River wrote:
matedog wrote:

Hmmm as much as I would dearly love to hear it. I think it would be very wise to keep it to himself. It was prepared at Whitfield Street for Mick and Sony.
And then sat on for 20 years despite many obvious opportunities to release it (the LC anniversary ed, the box set). At a certain point, it's like owning a vacant building and doing nothing with it. Let in the squatters, sell it, rent it, whatever. But if this thing exists and has been worked on and just sat there, those involved have lost the moral right to carp if it gets leaked.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 10:43am
Marky Dread wrote:
River wrote:
matedog wrote:

And then sat on for 20 years despite many obvious opportunities to release it (the LC anniversary ed, the box set). At a certain point, it's like owning a vacant building and doing nothing with it. Let in the squatters, sell it, rent it, whatever. But if this thing exists and has been worked on and just sat there, those involved have lost the moral right to carp if it gets leaked.
For real. I shouldn't speculate on his personal or professional relationship with Mick, but I would note that I would buy an official release in a heartbeat, even if I had a boot. Particularly because these aren't final mixes, I assume.

Side note - he hasn't gotten back to me.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Something else that might be worth looking into is something mentioned on BMC. There’s an email that was put up about a guy finding a single camera shot full Bonds show, specifically June 3rd. It was confirmed that as Joe runs a poll about if anyone bought an Aerosmith record. He says that he found it while in New York and that he’d be happy to digitize it and post it. I was thinking of emailing him about it today.

matedog

Post by matedog »

River wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 11:10am
Something else that might be worth looking into is something mentioned on BMC. There’s an email that was put up about a guy finding a single camera shot full Bonds show, specifically June 3rd. It was confirmed that as Joe runs a poll about if anyone bought an Aerosmith record. He says that he found it while in New York and that he’d be happy to digitize it and post it. I was thinking of emailing him about it today.
Cool! I'm surprised BMC hasn't offered to help yet, but I'd say go for it.

Speaking of single camera footage not in circulation, maybe I should reach out to the Monterey guy again.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 10:43am
Marky Dread wrote:
River wrote:
matedog wrote:

I don't disagree with what you're saying here. But there is such a thing as trust. There may be a good reason for not releasing it also. Maybe it's not up to scratch and we've only got those tracks good enough or fit enough for release.

As the tracks we do have all sound brilliant (to my ears anyway) it's well known to be a highly sought after show. So I'm amazed it hasn't had a release by now if it's in pristine quality.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

matedog wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 11:14am
River wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 11:10am
Cool! I'm surprised BMC hasn't offered to help yet, but I'd say go for it.

Speaking of single camera footage not in circulation, maybe I should reach out to the Monterey guy again.
Maybe that guy will finally come off his high horse and stop asking for ridiculous cash rewards. And I just sent off an email asking about it, and mentioned this place if he needs any assistance with it. So here’s hoping we get something!