Lewisham soundboard

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Lewisham soundboard

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 6:55am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 6:41am
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 5:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 6:56pm
Marky Dread wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 6:34pm

Those early Wire demos from 1973 should be ripe by now.
Like cheddar in the sun.
I'm not listening to music that smells like your feet. Thank you but I'll pass.
Fun fact about me: My feet don't smell. Armpits and all that, sure, but even when my feet get sweaty, I can pull off my socks and it's nuthin' but unicorn breath and joy.
Too much information can be very damaging.
I'm more of a truth will set you free person when it comes to my feet. :cool:
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 7:05am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 6:56pm

Like cheddar in the sun.
Fun fact about me: My feet don't smell. Armpits and all that, sure, but even when my feet get sweaty, I can pull off my socks and it's nuthin' but unicorn breath and joy.
I don't want to be free. :scared:
Attachments
1727041625-bunion.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 8:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Well, now everyone hates us!
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 8:30am
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 8:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Well, now everyone hates us!
It makes social distancing easier. Feel good my friend. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 6:31am
white man wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 6:06am
Heston wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 4:01pm
He can do 30 years in jail for me, I want to hear it. :mrgreen:
Me Too :mrgreen:
Never mind all this twenty years business. The fact is, its over forty years old. I have friends who never even lived that long.
And on a side note, that Hits Back album was a pure money-spinner . Studio versions of a gig setlist :scared: . That's a total 360 degrees from the fan-led boots of live versions of studio abums that were so common a few years ago.
Yeah the 20 years is only since it has been worked on not the date of the gig. I don't understand your complaint about the Hits Back comp. It wasn't being promoted as being live or am I missing your point mate?
I would assume white man's complaint was - why not just release a live show instead of yet another compilation?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 9:29am
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Heston wrote:
Never mind all this twenty years business. The fact is, its over forty years old. I have friends who never even lived that long.
And on a side note, that Hits Back album was a pure money-spinner . Studio versions of a gig setlist :scared: . That's a total 360 degrees from the fan-led boots of live versions of studio abums that were so common a few years ago.
Yeah the 20 years is only since it has been worked on not the date of the gig. I don't understand your complaint about the Hits Back comp. It wasn't being promoted as being live or am I missing your point mate?
I would assume white man's complaint was - why not just release a live show instead of yet another compilation?
Yeah that makes sense. Yep for a band who had a great live reputation we haven't been that well served with official releases.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Heston wrote:
It was exactly that matey. It just didn't make sense. It should have had an advertising tag line of "Just imagine what you could have had if we'd used the live tracks"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

white man wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 12:59pm
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Heston wrote:
It was exactly that matey. It just didn't make sense. It should have had an advertising tag line of "Just imagine what you could have had if we'd used the live tracks"
It came out at the same time as Sound System, so I'm thinking they wanted to promote a single disc compilation to go along with the massive box set. Instead of "The Clash: The Greatest Hits" they went with this sorta creative idea.

For us starving for live material, it seems a bit cruel, but it kinda makes sense from a record company standpoint.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 1:06pm
white man wrote:
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:

It came out at the same time as Sound System, so I'm thinking they wanted to promote a single disc compilation to go along with the massive box set. Instead of "The Clash: The Greatest Hits" they went with this sorta creative idea.

For us starving for live material, it seems a bit cruel, but it kinda makes sense from a record company standpoint.
Definitely a way of making some money and something for those who couldn't afford or maybe even want a huge box.

I've got the SS box and the Hits Back comp. I think it plays really good as a comp. Did I need it? No. The only thing on it I didn't already have a small section of studio noise before White Riot.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 1:11pm
matedog wrote:
white man wrote:
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Definitely a way of making some money and something for those who couldn't afford or maybe even want a huge box.

I've got the SS box and the Hits Back comp. I think it plays really good as a comp. Did I need it? No. The only thing on it I didn't already have a small section of studio noise before White Riot.
This is what sucks most about it to me. Like yourself i bought it(even got the t shirt) but i didn't need it, and i'm fairly confident that all those involved in the release would have guessed that.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 3:29am
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
white man wrote:
matedog wrote:

This is what sucks most about it to me. Like yourself i bought it(even got the t shirt) but i didn't need it, and i'm fairly confident that all those involved in the release would have guessed that.
So taken for a sucker because you want to buy every new release?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 3:45am
white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
white man wrote:

If we're talking about Sony taking people for sucker's then yes. It's inconceivable that they wouldn't. Smaller corporations have done bigger "suckering" than Sony at any given time. Would you buy a similar album now based on, lets say, Sunday 2nd March 1980 in San Fran. All Clash fans already have all the tracks on the various compilations and album releases(and Re-releases) so there would be nothing new to entice you other than being a completist.
Honest opinion from me is Mick made it plain there would be no more releases of product already bought and paid for a few times over(2013 being a particularly over-abundant year) and Sony have tried to maximise this last-chance opportunity and dressed it up as the one trick pony called The Clash Hits Back. Never to be repeated i hope. Would it have sold as many if it had only been released last week?
Of course i could be wrong about all of this and welcome any input(TeddyB)from people who may more insight.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 4:36am
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

If we're talking about Sony taking people for sucker's then yes. It's inconceivable that they wouldn't. Smaller corporations have done bigger "suckering" than Sony at any given time. Would you buy a similar album now based on, lets say, Sunday 2nd March 1980 in San Fran. All Clash fans already have all the tracks on the various compilations and album releases(and Re-releases) so there would be nothing new to entice you other than being a completist.
Honest opinion from me is Mick made it plain there would be no more releases of product already bought and paid for a few times over(2013 being a particularly over-abundant year) and Sony have tried to maximise this last-chance opportunity and dressed it up as the one trick pony called The Clash Hits Back. Never to be repeated i hope. Would it have sold as many if it had only been released last week?
Of course i could be wrong about all of this and welcome any input(TeddyB)from people who may more insight.
I didn't buy my copy of Hits Back at time of release. Much later and very cheaply. So I can't complain too much plus no one forced me to buy it.

But I totally get where you are coming from mate. A band that means an awful lot to people here won't mean so much to a record label 40 years later. We got the SS box and I expect having the Hits Back comp probably (I'm guessing) helped towards the covering of cost. So it feels like it was a compromise. Working paradox?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 5:51am
white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I didn't buy my copy of Hits Back at time of release. Much later and very cheaply. So I can't complain too much plus no one forced me to buy it.

But I totally get where you are coming from mate. A band that means an awful lot to people here won't mean so much to a record label 40 years later. We got the SS box and I expect having the Hits Back comp probably (I'm guessing) helped towards the covering of cost. So it feels like it was a compromise. Working paradox?
Just found the T. Unworn
IMG_20200926_094029.jpg

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 6:58am
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 5:51am
white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:

Just found the T. Unworn
IMG_20200926_094029.jpg
The least exciting t shirt ever. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia