Lewisham soundboard

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Lewisham soundboard

Post by Wolter »

One of the reasons I absolutely don’t buy compilations where I have every track already on previous releases is because they don’t care that I’m buying it begrudgingly. They just want the money and I’ll be damned if I give it to them for nothing.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 7:09am
white man wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 6:58am
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 5:51am
white man wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 4:36am
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 3:45am

So taken for a sucker because you want to buy every new release?
If we're talking about Sony taking people for sucker's then yes. It's inconceivable that they wouldn't. Smaller corporations have done bigger "suckering" than Sony at any given time. Would you buy a similar album now based on, lets say, Sunday 2nd March 1980 in San Fran. All Clash fans already have all the tracks on the various compilations and album releases(and Re-releases) so there would be nothing new to entice you other than being a completist.
Honest opinion from me is Mick made it plain there would be no more releases of product already bought and paid for a few times over(2013 being a particularly over-abundant year) and Sony have tried to maximise this last-chance opportunity and dressed it up as the one trick pony called The Clash Hits Back. Never to be repeated i hope. Would it have sold as many if it had only been released last week?
Of course i could be wrong about all of this and welcome any input(TeddyB)from people who may more insight.
I didn't buy my copy of Hits Back at time of release. Much later and very cheaply. So I can't complain too much plus no one forced me to buy it.

But I totally get where you are coming from mate. A band that means an awful lot to people here won't mean so much to a record label 40 years later. We got the SS box and I expect having the Hits Back comp probably (I'm guessing) helped towards the covering of cost. So it feels like it was a compromise. Working paradox?
Just found the T. Unworn
IMG_20200926_094029.jpg
The least exciting t shirt ever. ;)
Some canny books though :approve:

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Wolter wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 9:59am
One of the reasons I absolutely don’t buy compilations where I have every track already on previous releases is because they don’t care that I’m buying it begrudgingly. They just want the money and I’ll be damned if I give it to them for nothing.
That shit made sense when everything wasn't online. If I wanted to risk my hard-earned on a new band based on a review in a music paper that made it sound up my alley, I had no choice but to check out a best-of. Now, who is a best-of even for?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Silent Majority wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 10:20am
Wolter wrote:
That shit made sense when everything wasn't online. If I wanted to risk my hard-earned on a new band based on a review in a music paper that made it sound up my alley, I had no choice but to check out a best-of. Now, who is a best-of even for?
I could literally knock up a digital version of TCHB in a few minutes, zipp it up and upload to mega and provide a download link here all in l under an hour.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 10:39am
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I could literally knock up a digital version of TCHB in a few minutes, zipp it up and upload to mega and provide a download link here all in l under an hour.
Does it come with that t shirt?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 7:09am
white man wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 6:58am
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 5:51am
white man wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 4:36am

If we're talking about Sony taking people for sucker's then yes. It's inconceivable that they wouldn't. Smaller corporations have done bigger "suckering" than Sony at any given time. Would you buy a similar album now based on, lets say, Sunday 2nd March 1980 in San Fran. All Clash fans already have all the tracks on the various compilations and album releases(and Re-releases) so there would be nothing new to entice you other than being a completist.
Honest opinion from me is Mick made it plain there would be no more releases of product already bought and paid for a few times over(2013 being a particularly over-abundant year) and Sony have tried to maximise this last-chance opportunity and dressed it up as the one trick pony called The Clash Hits Back. Never to be repeated i hope. Would it have sold as many if it had only been released last week?
Of course i could be wrong about all of this and welcome any input(TeddyB)from people who may more insight.
I didn't buy my copy of Hits Back at time of release. Much later and very cheaply. So I can't complain too much plus no one forced me to buy it.

But I totally get where you are coming from mate. A band that means an awful lot to people here won't mean so much to a record label 40 years later. We got the SS box and I expect having the Hits Back comp probably (I'm guessing) helped towards the covering of cost. So it feels like it was a compromise. Working paradox?
Just found the T. Unworn
IMG_20200926_094029.jpg
The least exciting t shirt ever. ;)
Some canny books though :approve:
Yeah I noticed you had been in my library again. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 11:35am
white man wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
£25.00

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 11:44am
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 11:35am
white man wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
£25.00
...and all those books. Deal. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

white man wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Wolter wrote:
But it wouldn't come with the booklet and art and liner notes, which, as I understand it, makes all the difference. :shifty:
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 11:55am
But it wouldn't come with the booklet and art and liner notes, which, as I understand it, makes all the difference. :shifty:
On the other hand, maybe if they had out some more care and thought into that stuff some of us would have been more inclined to buy it.

I'll really only buy comps that are all/mostly previously released stuff if there's some really unique packaging angle (typically the band doing a written deep dive into each track or something) or a high quality vinyl release (contra Kory's preferences). It's funny because the class did just that for the sound system box itself but not so much the hits back package.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Double post
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 1:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
On the other hand, maybe if they had out some more care and thought into that stuff some of us would have been more inclined to buy it.

I'll really only buy comps that are all/mostly previously released stuff if there's some really unique packaging angle (typically the band doing a written deep dive into each track or something) or a high quality vinyl release (contra Kory's preferences). It's funny because the class did just that for the sound system box itself but not so much the hits back package.
Yeah, I was just being a jerky jerk. In the era of streaming and piracy, to get people to buy physical product, you pretty much have to offer something beyond just the audio component. For example, anything associated with Michael Gira and is purchased directly from his label is autographed by him. It's a nice little touch that encourages a person to support the artist.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 1:46pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah, I was just being a jerky jerk. In the era of streaming and piracy, to get people to buy physical product, you pretty much have to offer something beyond just the audio component. For example, anything associated with Michael Gira and is purchased directly from his label is autographed by him. It's a nice little touch that encourages a person to support the artist.
Listen chum when I buy Swans stuff I don't want some jerky jerkwad scrawling all over the artwork.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 3:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Listen chum when I buy Swans stuff I don't want some jerky jerkwad scrawling all over the artwork.
He signs on the inside, waddy wadjerk. ;) I paid up extra for his last crowdfunded project and got an autographed poster that was specifically dedicated to me. Aw, nice. Except he signed it on the back, so when I got it mounted and framed, bye bye to that. I took a picture before, however. Still …

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 3:34pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 3:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He signs on the inside, waddy wadjerk. ;) I paid up extra for his last crowdfunded project and got an autographed poster that was specifically dedicated to me. Aw, nice. Except he signed it on the back, so when I got it mounted and framed, bye bye to that. I took a picture before, however. Still …
So on the back it reads "to jerky jerk from uncle G". Nice. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia