Lewisham soundboard

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Lewisham soundboard

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 7:43am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 5:38am
white man wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 4:10am
Tim Bucknall wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 1:27am
Good luck with Lewisham
Hypothetically, if you get hold of it who is set up to do DAT transfers?

I liked the idea of hits back but the stupid fake “encore“ stuck on the end was like they lost confidence in the idea

We’ve had the cleverly sequenced story of the clash vol 1
The chronologically sequenced singles/essential Clash

With the record company pushing them to put out yet another best of it was a neat solution
I love a good setlist, it shows the songs bands considered important that maybe wouldn’t make a singles compilation
but it didn’t really work, the albums sound too different, it accidentally emphasised the genius of how the clash updated their old stuff in concert so londons burning did work next to street parade etc.
found myself wishing it was real live clash and donated it to goodwill
I even bought that wierdo Australian compilation from 1991 that featured This Is England but story of.. is the one for me.

Yes it’s infuriating that a band like the clash don’t have the definitive Official live document that can be bought by the non bootleg owning public. I would love to have some clash version of live at leeds to get the word out
I totally get that Mick & Paul have been clear that they don’t want to release stuff Joe didn’t sign off on
Btw if we can have a remixed London calling 7” for Record store day then Why not an official version of the “this is dub clash” bootleg but sourced from master tapes?

But some kind of bonds release is in the works so hopefully there will be some kind of standalone audio portion as my back issues won’t let me sit down to watch a concert thats as long as the entire Sandinista! Album :D
This could be what we’ve been waiting for
We're only 10 weeks away from th UK anniversary of Sandanista. I just hope that the pandemic hasn't held up any plans for some kind of commemerative release. :shifty:
Good news Sony have found two more children's songs in the vault. A cover of "Oranges & Lemons" and an extended version of "The Guns of Brixton" sung by Maria Gallagher but remixed by Mikey Dread.
The Clash covering XTC albums; sounds interesting!
When I grow rich,
Say the bells of Partridge. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Tim Bucknall wrote:
Good luck with Lewisham

I liked the idea of hits back but the stupid fake “encore“ stuck on the end was like they lost confidence in the idea

With the record company pushing them to put out yet another best of it was a neat solution
I love a good setlist, it shows the songs bands considered important that maybe wouldn’t make a singles compilation
but it didn’t really work, the albums sound too different, it accidentally emphasised the genius of how the clash updated their old stuff in concert so londons burning did work next to street parade etc.
I even bought that wierdo Australian compilation from 1991 that featured This Is England but story of.. is the one for me.

Yes it’s infuriating that a band like the clash don’t have the definitive Official live document that can be bought by the non bootleg owning public. I would love to have some clash version of live at leeds to get the word out
I totally get that Mick & Paul have been clear that they don’t want to release stuff Joe didn’t sign off on
Btw if we can have a remixed London calling 7” for Record store day then Why not an official version of the “this is dub clash” bootleg but sourced from master tapes?

But some kind of bonds release is in the works so hopefully there will be some kind of standalone audio portion as my back issues won’t let me sit down to watch a concert thats as long as the entire Sandinista! Album :D
We're only 10 weeks away from th UK anniversary of Sandanista. I just hope that the pandemic hasn't held up any plans for some kind of commemerative release. :shifty:
Good news Sony have found two more children's songs in the vault. A cover of "Oranges & Lemons" and an extended version of "The Guns of Brixton" sung by Maria Gallagher but remixed by Mikey Dread.
O & L already teased out at the start of Ivan

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 2:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Tim Bucknall wrote:
Good luck with Lewisham

...and Clash City Rockers. It's like a recurring theme I Can't Explain. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 2:43pm
white man wrote:
29 Sep 2020, 2:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Tim Bucknall wrote:
Good luck with Lewisham

...and Clash City Rockers. It's like a recurring theme I Can't Explain. ;)
Ooh. Touche. I can't beat that. Well done

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
22 Sep 2020, 11:47am
Guy on Facebook says he has DAT tapes of the full gig that he mixed for Mick back in 2000. Tried to coax an upload out of him to no avail. Pics...

lewish2.jpg

lewish1.jpg
...then just like before the dream faded.

See you in a few more years Lewisham

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 9:39pm
Heston wrote:
Guy on Facebook says he has DAT tapes of the full gig that he mixed for Mick back in 2000. Tried to coax an upload out of him to no avail. Pics...

lewish2.jpg

lewish1.jpg

Ahh. Those Scottish bootlegs

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

white man wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 2:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

lewish2.jpg

lewish1.jpg

At least this had photographic proof.

But yeah, my message went nowhere, unsurprisingly. Someday Lewisham, someday...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 2:30pm
white man wrote:
07 Oct 2020, 2:12pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:

lewish2.jpg

lewish1.jpg

At least this had photographic proof.

But yeah, my message went nowhere, unsurprisingly. Someday Lewisham, someday...
Yeah see you around...Lewisham.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

50th Anniversary maybe :meh:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 1:13am
A thousand years from now an archaeologist looking for rare artefacts will stumble upon this strange tape. He will dust it down and hand it to a museum and there will be little interest in it. They will then store it in the museum's shed. A bunch of stars in the night sky looking down on the earth will let out a collective sigh.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 5:32am
white man wrote:
A thousand years from now an archaeologist looking for rare artefacts will stumble upon this strange tape. He will dust it down and hand it to a museum and there will be little interest in it. They will then store it in the museum's shed. A bunch of stars in the night sky looking down on the earth will let out a collective sigh.
:lol:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
:lol: Maybe worse, a knowledgeable person will realize what it is, play the tape and then groan, "We already had those songs. Where's the complete recording?"
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
What a lovely thought. Quite fancy myself as a twinkling star in the black night in the next world :smile:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

white man wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 12:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
What a lovely thought. Quite fancy myself as a twinkling star in the black night in the next world :smile:
You're already a star in my eyes, buddy
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Kory wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 4:48pm
white man wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 12:06pm
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
You're already a star in my eyes, buddy
:kiss: