Sandinista 40th

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Sandinista 40th

Post by white man »

Here we are 11 days from the anniversary and nothing coming out of the Clash camp. Are we just to assume that anything that was being planned has been delayed by the pandemic for a few(6) month ;)

Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: Sandinista 40th

Post by Inder »

We are practically the same distance from Is This It as the Strokes' album is from Sandinista!

Is this what 36 is supposed to feel like? 💀

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I don't know if they have the multitracks but I'd love a new 2020 5.1 surround sound remix.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

I'm a sucker for Super Deluxe Editions, would be great to see some Clash versions.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

With Sound System being the final word, I don't think we should expect much of anything ever again, except for the secret project Teddy alluded to last year.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 2:21pm
With Sound System being the final word, I don't think we should expect much of anything ever again, except for the secret project Teddy alluded to last year.
Oh, I'm not. I'm just fantasizing about the Clash being like most bands of their ilk and releasing deluxe editions of their albums.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 2:23pm
Kory wrote:
Oh, I'm not. I'm just fantasizing about the Clash being like most bands of their ilk and releasing deluxe editions of their albums.
I think as long as their is money to make, we will still see new product. Whether it will be worthwhile (aspects of Sound System) or not (various London Calling reissues) remains to be seen. There's plenty of material out there to use, but they bafflingly refuse to dig into the vaults.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

If Elvis Costello can put out a six-LP Armed Forces deluxe set, the Clash can surely pull together stuff like Blonde RnR, King of the Road etc and source live Sandinista! material for a nice little package.

I'm guessing if there was anything in the pipeline, it'dve been announced months ago. Maybe we'll get Rat Patrol in '22.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

In fact, just give me the keys to Mick's shed and I'll do it for them.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Inder wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 2:47pm
If Elvis Costello can put out a six-LP Armed Forces deluxe set, the Clash can surely pull together stuff like Blonde RnR, King of the Road etc and source live Sandinista! material for a nice little package.

I'm guessing if there was anything in the pipeline, it'dve been announced months ago. Maybe we'll get Rat Patrol in '22.
That Armed Forces set is well worth a listen, by the way.

aza
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by aza »

ugh this subject line got me so excited for a second.. i dream of 12 sided sandinista!

Heston

Post by Heston »

aza wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
ugh this subject line got me so excited for a second.. i dream of 12 sided sandinista!
I want 36 sides.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Kory wrote:
It was this year and shhhhhhhush 😉

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

white man wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 7:56pm
Kory wrote:
God, you're right. I knew it was pre-covid because I remember asking if that was going to affect production of...whatever it is. What a year.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 8:15pm
white man wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 7:56pm
Kory wrote:
God, you're right. I knew it was pre-covid because I remember asking if that was going to affect production of...whatever it is. What a year.
Bummer. Any kind of major Clash release for the holiday would at the very least have been announced by now.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.