Unreleased working mix of Stay Free

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Unreleased working mix of Stay Free

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 5:53pm
matedog wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 5:46pm
Heston wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 1:33pm

I told you about the hoops the guy wanted me to jump through to get the rest. I didn't feel like being someone's plaything so that was that. Which was a shame. He seemed a bit unhinged.
I don't think I heard this. What did he ask for?
He wanted Heston to read a book by Nick Hornsby about fans who have to have everything. I think that was the gist of it.
What the fuck? Was that supposed to be some kind of "lesson" he wanted to teach Heston? Hes has a lot of lessons to learn, but fan deservedness is not one of them.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Olaf wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 7:05pm
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:38pm
Olaf wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:37pm
Heston wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:30pm
Olaf wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:27pm
Which book was it, by the way? Juliet Naked?
Yes. Don't tell me you've read it and could have impersonated me in the correspondence. :mrgreen:
All right, I won't tell you then. ;)

Nah, actually I considered reading it but then thought the story sounded a bit contrived. So what was the reasoning behind all this? I don't get it.
It's scientific.
"So you still want to hear those unreleased working mixes?"
:mrgreen:

That's more or less how I felt. Anyone else willing to have a go talking to him, you're welcome.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 7:08pm
Hes has a lot of lessons to learn, but fan deservedness is not one of them.
:lol:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 7:08pm
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 5:53pm
matedog wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 5:46pm
Heston wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 1:33pm

I told you about the hoops the guy wanted me to jump through to get the rest. I didn't feel like being someone's plaything so that was that. Which was a shame. He seemed a bit unhinged.
I don't think I heard this. What did he ask for?
He wanted Heston to read a book by Nick Hornsby about fans who have to have everything. I think that was the gist of it.
What the fuck? Was that supposed to be some kind of "lesson" he wanted to teach Heston? Hes has a lot of lessons to learn, but fan deservedness is not one of them.
Check your PMs.

matedog

Post by matedog »

BTW, the Monterey footage guy never responded to my email. Ah well...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

matedog wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 8:07pm
*Edit* nevermind, I think I was wrong.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
Fucking people who want money or making people jump through hoops or precious fuckers who are just nut jobs. Does me in that they don't understand the spirit of the thing.

I always share unless specifically requested not too and respect peoples wishes.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 8:14pm
matedog wrote:
Fucking people who want money or making people jump through hoops or precious fuckers who are just nut jobs. Does me in that they don't understand the spirit of the thing.

I always share unless specifically requested not too and respect peoples wishes.
Looks like his company isn’t around anymore so maybe the email didn’t go anywhere. But yes, I agree wholeheartedly.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

Not totally related, but part of the same mindset: Maggie has been working on a documentary film for the last five years and a key piece of 2-minute footage is owned by this woman who wants $9,000 to use it in the film. A very indie and self-financed film about one of the nicest people you could meet. They keep telling the rights holder that they literally don't have that kind of money to put into a film that is assuredly not going to turn any kind of profit. They've counter offered a ton of times but she won't budge more that a paltry sum here or there. It's like, you could make SOME money out of this footage, but you've instead decided to make NO money whatsoever on it because you're greedy or precious about it or whatever, and priced yourself out of anybody using it. Nobody else is ever going to want this footage for anything, so it's not like she can hold out for a better offer. Not to mention that the lack of this footage is going to hobble the film from an emotional impact angle, even though she pretends to have some sort of connection to the subject's legacy. People are shit.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

I just saw this thread -- thanks to all involved in getting these two songs out into the world for all of us! Holy smokes, I love this SF version. Mick's playing was just magic.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 11:19pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

Not totally related, but part of the same mindset: Maggie has been working on a documentary film for the last five years and a key piece of 2-minute footage is owned by this woman who wants $9,000 to use it in the film. A very indie and self-financed film about one of the nicest people you could meet. They keep telling the rights holder that they literally don't have that kind of money to put into a film that is assuredly not going to turn any kind of profit. They've counter offered a ton of times but she won't budge more that a paltry sum here or there. It's like, you could make SOME money out of this footage, but you've instead decided to make NO money whatsoever on it because you're greedy or precious about it or whatever, and priced yourself out of anybody using it. Nobody else is ever going to want this footage for anything, so it's not like she can hold out for a better offer. Not to mention that the lack of this footage is going to hobble the film from an emotional impact angle, even though she pretends to have some sort of connection to the subject's legacy. People are shit.
People believing that 'that' item will be their golden egg. Silly stuff really. I sympathize with Maggie.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston, that's fucking insane and fuck Nick Hornby too.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 11:19pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

That is spot on for this Monterey guy.

gobshyte
Corner Soul

Post by gobshyte »

Thanks a million for these two tracks,very much appreciated
Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by x3em »

matedog wrote:
When was the last time you were in contact with this guy? And how much does he want? It is just down the coast from here, maybe I should drive over there with a bag of cash and see if he can resist that.

I really want this out there, we've waited long enough.