Unreleased working mix of Stay Free

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Unreleased working mix of Stay Free

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 1:37pm
Heston wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 1:33pm
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 1:28pm
Heston wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 1:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 12:35pm
I remixed and remastered these two tracks as the tape speed was off.

Matedog put them in concert pitch which I would never do as these tracks were recorded in the analogue age. The frequency between modern digital concert pitch and old analogue is different.
Sorry Marky, I'm wasn't even aware of the digital/analogue pitch thing. I just asked Matey to adjust the pitch a touch because I thought they still sounded a bit off to my slightly trained ears. I knew Andrew had done a good job pitch fixing before on This Is England so I thought I'd ask him. I just saw it as a joint effort to get them sounding as good as possible.
Hey man I'm not complaining. Andrew did a good job but it wasn't needed and not right for an anologue recording. Getting a sound in the studio should never be about precision but getting a natural sound to the individual group. Too many groups rely on the studio to get their sound but they lose their organic feel.

I really hope the guy with the tape will share the rest. As in the same spirit in which Joe handed him the tape in the first place.
That's fair enough mate, why not upload your versions?

I told you about the hoops the guy wanted me to jump through to get the rest. I didn't feel like being someone's plaything so that was that. Which was a shame. He seemed a bit unhinged.
Yeah anybody is welcome to them.

Regards the guy it is his tape but in the manner it was shared to him by Joe it would be nice if he reciprocated that mentality.
Where are your mixes Marky?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 4:21pm
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 1:37pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 1:28pm
Heston wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 1:18pm

Sorry Marky, I'm wasn't even aware of the digital/analogue pitch thing. I just asked Matey to adjust the pitch a touch because I thought they still sounded a bit off to my slightly trained ears. I knew Andrew had done a good job pitch fixing before on This Is England so I thought I'd ask him. I just saw it as a joint effort to get them sounding as good as possible.
Hey man I'm not complaining. Andrew did a good job but it wasn't needed and not right for an anologue recording. Getting a sound in the studio should never be about precision but getting a natural sound to the individual group. Too many groups rely on the studio to get their sound but they lose their organic feel.

I really hope the guy with the tape will share the rest. As in the same spirit in which Joe handed him the tape in the first place.
That's fair enough mate, why not upload your versions?

I told you about the hoops the guy wanted me to jump through to get the rest. I didn't feel like being someone's plaything so that was that. Which was a shame. He seemed a bit unhinged.
Yeah anybody is welcome to them.

Regards the guy it is his tape but in the manner it was shared to him by Joe it would be nice if he reciprocated that mentality.
Where are your mixes Marky?
On my PC waiting to be uploaded. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:

I don't think I heard this. What did he ask for?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 5:46pm
Heston wrote:

He wanted Heston to read a book by Nick Hornsby about fans who have to have everything. I think that was the gist of it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 5:53pm
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:

He wanted Heston to read a book by Nick Hornsby about fans who have to have everything. I think that was the gist of it.
Yeah. I went as far as to download a copy (I think Doc kindly provided the link) and then thought fuck that.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:08pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:

Yeah. I went as far as to download a copy (I think Doc kindly provided the link) and then thought fuck that.
Crazy story.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:

So basically all you had to do was read a book to get us fellow Clash fans more stuff. And you chose to listen to KISS and eat pot noodles instead. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:14pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
Heston wrote:

So basically all you had to do was read a book to get us fellow Clash fans more stuff. And you chose to listen to KISS and eat pot noodles instead. Thanks! :rolleyes:
:mrgreen:

I could have easily read the book, but hey, principles and that. I would have inevitably faced a quiz about what happened in the book. I'm Clash mad but not totally mad.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Which book was it, by the way? Juliet Naked?

Heston

Post by Heston »

Olaf wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:27pm
Yes. Don't tell me you've read it and could have impersonated me in the correspondence. :mrgreen:

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:30pm
Olaf wrote:
Yes. Don't tell me you've read it and could have impersonated me in the correspondence. :mrgreen:
All right, I won't tell you then. ;)

Nah, actually I considered reading it but then thought the story sounded a bit contrived. So what was the reasoning behind all this? I don't get it.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:37pm
Heston wrote:
Olaf wrote:

Nah, actually I considered reading it but then thought the story sounded a bit contrived. So what was the reasoning behind all this? I don't get it.
It's scientific.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Olaf wrote:
Heston wrote:
Olaf wrote:

He seemed to think wanting to hear these songs was very trainspotter-ish. And internet forums were evil places that Joe would have hated. That Joe was a guy who dealt with things in real life, like handing the tape to him in person. He then instructed me to read the book and get back to him. Like I say, fucking mad as a bag of kippers.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:38pm
Olaf wrote:
Heston wrote:
Olaf wrote:

It's scientific.
"So you still want to hear those unreleased working mixes?"
Attachments
Affe_Gefesselt_Infusion_LPT2019.jpg

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote:
22 Jan 2021, 6:49pm
Olaf wrote:
Heston wrote:
Olaf wrote:

He seemed to think wanting to hear these songs was very trainspotter-ish. And internet forums were evil places that Joe would have hated. That Joe was a guy who dealt with things in real life, like handing the tape to him in person. He then instructed me to read the book and get back to him. Like I say, fucking mad as a bag of kippers.
Yeah, clearly. You've done the right thing.