another Clash Book

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
stuartreed
Corner Soul

another Clash Book

Post by stuartreed »

one of my favourites - A Riot of Our Own

stuartreed
Corner Soul

Re: another Clash Book

Post by stuartreed »

So I recently got a copy of a 4 cd set "The Only Band That Matters" which consists of Palladium NYC 79 / Passaic NJ 80 (Clampdown missing) / Tokyo 82 / US Fest 83 as I wanted cds of these gigs rather than just oldcdrs. Worth a punt for £18.
Don't know if this has been shared here before but there's a link to a magazine that I thought I'd share here. You can't download it - its only available online. But see what you think

https://issuu.com/codarecordsltd/docs/t ... 1/69081354

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

stuartreed wrote:
10 May 2021, 1:04pm
So I recently got a copy of a 4 cd set "The Only Band That Matters" which consists of Palladium NYC 79 / Passaic NJ 80 (Clampdown missing) / Tokyo 82 / US Fest 83 as I wanted cds of these gigs rather than just oldcdrs. Worth a punt for £18.
Don't know if this has been shared here before but there's a link to a magazine that I thought I'd share here. You can't download it - its only available online. But see what you think

I've got a little script for screen capping specific areas, so I 'capped the pages and compiled 'em: https://mega.nz/file/5d1niQjS#8-ANL-rX- ... YGmhXZjSW4
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Thanks both. I've got that 4CD set but missed spotting the link.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2021, 1:51pm
stuartreed wrote:
10 May 2021, 1:04pm

I've got a little script for screen capping specific areas, so I 'capped the pages and compiled 'em: https://mega.nz/file/5d1niQjS#8-ANL-rX- ... YGmhXZjSW4
Thanks to both Doc & Stuartreed!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

stuartreed
Corner Soul

Post by stuartreed »

Cheers Dr :)

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Thanks to you both. Sterling work :approve:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

For anyone interested. There are four new 10" multi coloured vinyls available on Ebay. With similar Lowry artwork.

I'll stick with my remasters but for those that like to have everything.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

stuartreed
Corner Soul

Post by stuartreed »

Yeah, it would be good if they came to you for remastering before issuing these radio recordings !

There are a hell of a lot of Bowie semi-legal releases on Amazon & I'm surprised that there aren't more by the Clash

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

stuartreed wrote:
13 May 2021, 3:40am
Yeah, it would be good if they came to you for remastering before issuing these radio recordings !

There are a hell of a lot of Bowie semi-legal releases on Amazon & I'm surprised that there aren't more by the Clash
Ha! I don't think they would like my reply. They would get a massive " fuck you" from me. These recordings being sold with nothing going back to the band doesn't sit well with me. Especially as the band have a relaxed attitude towards their live shows.

Everything I've ever done has been strictly non profit.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 May 2021, 3:49am
stuartreed wrote:

Ha! I don't think they would like my reply. They would get a massive " fuck you" from me. These recordings being sold with nothing going back to the band doesn't sit well with me. Especially as the band have a relaxed attitude towards their live shows.

I thought the band were getting something from the Coda releases? They look like they are on Amazon Music now, so hopefully that means something going to the band.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
13 May 2021, 8:18am
Marky Dread wrote:
stuartreed wrote:

I thought the band were getting something from the Coda releases? They look like they are on Amazon Music now, so hopefully that means something going to the band.
Are they not Sony artists still? Are these Coda things semi legit?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
13 May 2021, 8:21am
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
stuartreed wrote:

I don't know. I read it somewhere that they were semi legit, but maybe this was on a par with the news that the word gullible has been taken out of the dictionary.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
13 May 2021, 12:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
13 May 2021, 8:21am
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
stuartreed wrote:

I don't know. I read it somewhere that they were semi legit, but maybe this was on a par with the news that the word gullible has been taken out of the dictionary.
Hahaha sounds about correct me ol' china. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia