The De-Berniator

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
geraldmanns
Dirty Punk

Re: The De-Berniator

Post by geraldmanns »

Heston wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 12:58pm
geraldmanns wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 12:14pm
I'm afraid there could be some copyright issues with that.
I'm happy to share them on my YouTube channel if you like? Can share to the various Clash Facebook pages etc? I'll take the rap.
Yeah! Great! Do!
I got my motorcycle jacket but I‘m walking all the time

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

geraldmanns wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 12:02pm
Well, like everyone I was extremely disappointed when CTC was released in 1985. I knew the new songs from different bootlegs, like Bring The House Down, Five Alive etc. All the years after I was hoping for the existence of some mastertapes that were smuggled out of the studio in munich by a mindful technician. But literature that was released decades later showed that Paul and Pete didn't take part in the recordings.
Last year I found two different audio editing softwares with different algorithms to separate vocals from an existing audio recording. The De-Berniator idea was born. So after ripping Joe's vocals from the tracks, cleaning them up (a lot of noisy bits, especially in The Dictator, had to be removed).
Next step was to get a good live performance of every song, copying Pete's drums beat by beat into a drum machine that sampled original drum sounds.
On songs The Clash didn't perform live I had to lay down the tracks in a Pete Howard stylee by myself. After that came listening, learning, rehearsing and recording guitars and basslines.
To get a better sound I had to buy a Les Paul to differ from my Telecaster sound (nice axe to have anyway). I had to add some backing vocals because the algorithms swallowed some of the football chants (didn't make them out as vocals). It took me a while to mix it all, but now it was time to kick it out of my house.
Especially in different Facebook groups are a lot of hate regarding the last line-up of The Clash. I think these were quite descent songs and a lot of fun to listen to now. For me, this is the CTC I expected and hoped for when it was released in 1985.
Feel free to spread these recordings wherever you like, maybe it will shine a better light on the last line-up.
Have fun!
GMAN
In awe just reading that. Can't wait to listen to the tracks later.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

geraldmanns wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 1:21pm
Heston wrote:
geraldmanns wrote:
I'm happy to share them on my YouTube channel if you like? Can share to the various Clash Facebook pages etc? I'll take the rap.
Yeah! Great! Do!
I'll get on it tonight. Top work I must say. Very well done.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

geraldmanns
Dirty Punk

Post by geraldmanns »

Heston wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 1:22pm
geraldmanns wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 1:21pm
Heston wrote:
geraldmanns wrote:
Yeah! Great! Do!
I'll get on it tonight. Top work I must say. Very well done.
Thanks, John!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello,

Thanks very much for your great (both in quality and energy) efforts!

Fingerpoppin' is a rock song - who knew?

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

geraldmanns wrote:
Well, like everyone I was extremely disappointed when CTC was released in 1985. I knew the new songs from different bootlegs, like Bring The House Down, Five Alive etc. All the years after I was hoping for the existence of some mastertapes that were smuggled out of the studio in munich by a mindful technician. But literature that was released decades later showed that Paul and Pete didn't take part in the recordings.
Last year I found two different audio editing softwares with different algorithms to separate vocals from an existing audio recording. The De-Berniator idea was born. So after ripping Joe's vocals from the tracks, cleaning them up (a lot of noisy bits, especially in The Dictator, had to be removed).
Next step was to get a good live performance of every song, copying Pete's drums beat by beat into a drum machine that sampled original drum sounds.
On songs The Clash didn't perform live I had to lay down the tracks in a Pete Howard stylee by myself. After that came listening, learning, rehearsing and recording guitars and basslines.
To get a better sound I had to buy a Les Paul to differ from my Telecaster sound (nice axe to have anyway). I had to add some backing vocals because the algorithms swallowed some of the football chants (didn't make them out as vocals). It took me a while to mix it all, but now it was time to kick it out of my house.
Especially in different Facebook groups are a lot of hate regarding the last line-up of The Clash. I think these were quite descent songs and a lot of fun to listen to now. For me, this is the CTC I expected and hoped for when it was released in 1985.
Feel free to spread these recordings wherever you like, maybe it will shine a better light on the last line-up.
Have fun!
GMAN
That is some amazing dedication
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

geraldmanns
Dirty Punk

Post by geraldmanns »

gkbill wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 2:21pm
Hello,

Thanks very much for your great (both in quality and energy) efforts!

Fingerpoppin' is a rock song - who knew?
Me! Knew it from the One More Time Bootleg!

YoungParisians
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by YoungParisians »

Fantastic work! Really liked what you did on Play To Win - good riffs and the spoken bits in the middle, too.
Hello? Go ahead, man. Yeah I'd just like to say, um, lets have some music now, huh? Ok, ok...thank you.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

geraldmanns wrote:
Have fun!
GMAN
Great job mate i'll take a listen soon
thx for the hard work

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

holy fucking smokes, this is incredible. what a labor and effort, and awesome results. thank you for sharing!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Haha just noticed the Police and Thieves guitar in Play to Win 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

geraldmanns IMCT POSTER OF THE YEAR

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I cannot express how much I love all of this

Heston

Post by Heston »

YouTube link to the full album that I've sorted for Gerald if more convenient for anyone...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Now I'm even madder about Cut the Crap. LOOK AT HOW EASY IT WAS TO NOT FUCK THIS UP HOLY SHIT

Heston

Post by Heston »

Inder wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 3:04pm
I cannot express how much I love all of this
I've been dreaming about this for years. I haven't had a full listen yet but gonna check it out tonight in the lab.