The De-Berniator

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: The De-Berniator

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 7:34pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 7:24pm
Incidentally i never understood how such experienced people in the music industry get it so wrong this is Bernie and the band i am talking about. I have heard all the theories about how this and that happened, But at the end of the day no matter who you are where your head is at the time you must listen to the album and they must have thought this is shit. The irony as well calling the album cut the crap

They really could have just gone in the studio and played it live and allowed the producer to just give all the songs that enhanced sound and boost and the job was done. Unbelievable
There is the possibility it was a hatchet job by Bernie.
Or self-sabotage by Joe.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 7:38pm
Heston wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:
Incidentally i never understood how such experienced people in the music industry get it so wrong this is Bernie and the band i am talking about. I have heard all the theories about how this and that happened, But at the end of the day no matter who you are where your head is at the time you must listen to the album and they must have thought this is shit. The irony as well calling the album cut the crap

They really could have just gone in the studio and played it live and allowed the producer to just give all the songs that enhanced sound and boost and the job was done. Unbelievable
Or self-sabotage by Joe.
Joe had bailed out before the release. I think he was gone before the release of This Is England a few weeks earlier.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 8:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 7:38pm
Heston wrote:
NoMoreHugh wrote:

Or self-sabotage by Joe.
Joe had bailed out before the release. I think he was gone before the release of This Is England a few weeks earlier.
He might not have heard the final mix. But I refuse to believe he didn't know about the fucking drum machines etc.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

I'm ridiculously late to the party (life's been wild) but GeraldManns, thank you so goddamn much for this.

I remember exactly where and when I first heard Give 'Em Enough Dope (twenty-one years ago driving down I-75 to Cincinnati), and I'll always remember exactly where I was when I heard the de-Berniefied CTC...this is an absolute revelation. Three Card Trick in particular is outstanding, and the reggae take on Play To Win is unreal - reminds me a bit of Joe's rambling on Midnight Jam in this context.

Words fail me. Can't thank you enough for your work on this!
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Carpentologist
Dirty Punk

Post by Carpentologist »

Yeah, this is fucking amazing!!! Allow me to join the chorus of thanks to you Gerald...without sounding too melodramatic, it’s like a dream come true!

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

IkarisOne wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 3:48pm
Boy fucking howdy, this thing is so good. Holds up to repeated listens and then some. Legacy should release this and burn the masters to the official version.
Totally agreed. I've just about listened to it every day since it was shared. I think it deserves a story in Uncut or Mojo. They've covered the band exhaustively, and this labor of love adds a fascinating perspective on a chapter of the band every fan has strong feelings about one way or another.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Has anyone shared with Nick or Pete? I think they might get a kick out of it.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 2:48pm
Isn't Pete notoriously grumpy? Like, worse than Revbob.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 3:16pm
matedog wrote:
Eh, I think was at least a bit on me not approaching him as effectively as I could have.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 4:09pm
Heston wrote:
matedog wrote:
Eh, I think was at least a bit on me not approaching him as effectively as I could have.
Nah, it's the impression I get in general. I could be wrong.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

It is a shame Joe never followed through with his "Crap Cutting Commences" and the band got the chance to re-do the album as it should've sounded at least.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

matedog wrote:

I talked to Nick about it. He said it sounds great but is very bittersweet for him, because of what could have been.

Heston

Post by Heston »

IkarisOne wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 5:31pm
matedog wrote:

I talked to Nick about it. He said it sounds great but is very bittersweet for him, because of what could have been.
Very understandable and quite sad really.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 5:06pm
I could be wrong.
Nah, not you. ;)
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 5:06pm
matedog wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 4:09pm
Heston wrote:
matedog wrote:
Nah, it's the impression I get in general. I could be wrong.
You got to have a hard time of it if the main reason you're remembered is for an experience that was painful and crap.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/