Clash Makes The List

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Clash Makes The List

Post by Sparky »

Stumbled upon this list today of what's supposed to be the "25 underrated deep cuts from legendary bands". Imagine my surprise to see Career Opportunities at number 12.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/25 ... h#image=12
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Clash Makes The List

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:52am
Stumbled upon this list today of what's supposed to be the "25 underrated deep cuts from legendary bands". Imagine my surprise to see Career Opportunities at number 12.

Well, for MSN readers who only know “Rock the Casbah,” I suppose it is a deep cut.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:54am
Sparky wrote:

Well, for MSN readers who only know “Rock the Casbah,” I suppose it is a deep cut.
I mean, my kid was singing CO in the backseat of the car when he was three. <shrug> :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I mean, my kid was singing CO in the backseat of the car when he was three. <shrug> :shifty:
I pity his first boss. :lol:
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

JennyB wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Hello,

Well done.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Exactly, or Train In Vain!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Nice pic of Joe there on page one

Seems no list is complete without them these days.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Not Junkie Slip then. :shifty:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

That kind of reminds me of a couple of the Clash FB groups I'm in (I think Hes and Gil might be in some of them too). It's very weird talking to more casual Clash fans who haven't done the DCT thing.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Kory wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 1:50pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

That kind of reminds me of a couple of the Clash FB groups I'm in (I think Hes and Gil might be in some of them too). It's very weird talking to more casual Clash fans who haven't done the DCT thing.
I sometimes feel like a know it all putting people right but I suppose I might as well put my knowledge to use. Someone gave me a load of abuse because I pointed out the "Peel session" that they posted was just an alternate mix of Pressure Drop.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 3:03pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I sometimes feel like a know it all putting people right but I suppose I might as well put my knowledge to use. Someone gave me a load of abuse because I pointed out the "Peel session" that they posted was just an alternate mix of Pressure Drop.
I think it's all in the delivery, and you don't ever come off as condescending as far as I've seen. If people want to remain ignorant, that's on them. But I agree there's no point in belonging to one of those groups if we're not going to let people in on our vast, vast, VAST knowledge. Vast.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:01pm
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

I think it's all in the delivery, and you don't ever come off as condescending as far as I've seen. If people want to remain ignorant, that's on them. But I agree there's no point in belonging to one of those groups if we're not going to let people in on our vast, vast, VAST knowledge. Vast.
Not Strummer News vast, tho. Like, you probably don't know what brand of sody-pop Paul drank on the Take the Fifth tour.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Yeah, most IMCTers I've seen on fb groups are a lot less snarky than we are here. Mostly because our snark is understood through years of interactions.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Hello,

Don't feel bad about possessing knowledge. It's a good thing.

By the way, it's know-it-all.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 4:19pm
Kory wrote:
Heston wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yeah, most IMCTers I've seen on fb groups are a lot less snarky than we are here. Mostly because our snark is understood through years of interactions.
I know I'm a newbie on this site after being a lurker for many years, but I can appreciate the "snark", I can tell it's all in good fun. For me, it beats the hell out of creating a FB account just to be able to chat about the Clash. Not a fan of FB.