Westway to the World reboot coming in 2021?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Westway to the World reboot coming in 2021?

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 8:27pm
Wolter wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 8:24pm
Technically next week or the one after should be EET week as it traditionally has happened on the week of or immediately following my birthday.
Also, gonna be weird this year considering we can choose to celebrate with the original mix, one of Marky’s improved mixes, or geraldmanns legitimately great new version.
I'd say Gerald's radical remix is the biggest listening party candidate but I'd happily do all three.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Since there was no Sandinista anniversary set, and music videos don’t sell anymore, perhaps Don is right and Sony are hoping for a Combat Rock box set next year?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 9:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 8:52pm
Sparky wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 8:25pm
Heston wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 7:49pm
Sparky wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 7:35pm
So it's one of those "if I had to explain it, you wouldn't understand it" things I take it.
Worse
F'ing hilarious! Now you've hooked me, I'm so looking forward to this.
Noobs have to do it nude. Tradition and all, buttmunch.
Trust me, it's a visual nobody would ever want to see.
A friend of mine said he was spotted by a neighbor walking nude past one of his windows that was open. Tells me "they'll never make that mistake again".
Being ashamed of our bodies built this damned continent!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Sparky wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 7:06pm
Heston wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 6:36pm
Sparky wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 6:33pm
Heston wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 6:30pm
Sparky wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 6:21pm

Bummer, so maybe next year huh? Any indications or fresh rumors as to why it's on hold for now?
Lack of encouragement from Sony by the sound of it.
That's really a shame, I'd bet it would be very well received and therefore turn a profit for Sony, so I can't fathom why they'd not be more enthusiastic about it.
Sony should let IMCT run Clash affairs.
I like it! About time they put the people who are passionate about the Clash in charge. :mrgreen:
Hey, newbie here, what's "EET WEEK" anyway?
EET week is a mutant sincere, ironic celebration/mourning of Cut the Crap & Clash II in all their forms. The name comes from the song Play to Win where one of the voices say "And the piranha got EET!" Over the years and many listens, it's done a stockholm syndrome job on most of us. The pleasure comes from, mostly, shared harmless bafflement.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Silent Majority wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 6:10am
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:

That's really a shame, I'd bet it would be very well received and therefore turn a profit for Sony, so I can't fathom why they'd not be more enthusiastic about it.
I like it! About time they put the people who are passionate about the Clash in charge. :mrgreen:
EET week is a mutant sincere, ironic celebration/mourning of Cut the Crap & Clash II in all their forms. The name comes from the song Play to Win where one of the voices say "And the piranha got EET!" Over the years and many listens, it's done a stockholm syndrome job on most of us. The pleasure comes from, mostly, shared harmless bafflement.
Thank you sir. Not much of a fan of CTC or C2, so this could be fun.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Silent Majority wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:

Hello,

What a wonderful, appropriate phrase!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 9:36pm
Since there was no Sandinista anniversary set, and music videos don’t sell anymore, perhaps Don is right and Sony are hoping for a Combat Rock box set next year?
Maybe we'll get another singles comp if we're good boys and girls.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Inder wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 11:21am
I really hope for once they focus on the hits.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 12:14pm
Inder wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 11:21am
I really hope for once they focus on the hits.
Give me "Rock the Casbah (2022 Mix)" and I'll happily hand over $50.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 8:44am
Silent Majority wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:
Sparky wrote:

Thank you sir. Not much of a fan of CTC or C2, so this could be fun.
You will be.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Heston wrote:
Sparky wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 6:21pm
Heston wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 6:08pm
Spoke to Don at the q&a tonight, the project is on ice. He's at least hoping for something for the Combat Rock anniversary.
Bummer, so maybe next year huh? Any indications or fresh rumors as to why it's on hold for now?
I've hated sony for years and it gets worse every year.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

It wasn’t Sony who nixed a Sandinista deluxe. Maybe things will be different with CR. 😎

crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Post by crashtheparty »

Heston wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 6:08pm
Spoke to Don at the q&a tonight, the project is on ice. He's at least hoping for something for the Combat Rock anniversary.
>insert barrage of expletives here<

That really REALLY sucks big time. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Post by crashtheparty »

I don't personally see how CR box set release would be more successful (speaking in Sony business terms) than the prospective release here. It it looks to me like a push/pull between Sony focusing on music release aspect and us as fans etc/Don (possibly) who would like to see the footage as a docufilm, along the lines of White Riot/I Am A Cliche. I'm guessing it can't be released without Sony. Damn, it really seemed like it finally was going to happen this year.

KCportland
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by KCportland »

Sandinista came with about 3 sides of bonus tracks on the original release, don't see how a anniversary set would add much ;)