What the clash mean to me

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
aza
Bang Ice Geezer

What the clash mean to me

Post by aza »

wasnt sure where to post this, so apologies if not the right area, but i had the good luck to talk with Marc Maron on his podcast about a new film i have coming out- but of course went alot to the clash and i did my best to put into words the impact they've had on my life and work. if you listen, hope you feel i did them justice..

best,
Aza

Inder
corecore vanguard

Re: What the clash mean to me

Post by Inder »

Awesome! Gonna check this out later today -- here's the link for everyone:

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-1 ... zel-jacobs

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Inder wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 12:53pm
Awesome! Gonna check this out later today -- here's the link for everyone:

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-1 ... zel-jacobs

Cheers Inder, was just about to ask for the link.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Holy shit, Maron is a big deal. Just downloaded to listen soon. I gotta check out your work too. Thanks for the heads up.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

I tried to listen to Maron a while back and couldn't get into it. Seemed like an incredible amount of rambling until the guest actually appeared.

I'll definitely listen to this one though.

Just saw Terri is on Amazon Prime so I'll be giving that a watch. Added bonus of John C Reilly too

edit - just finished listening. Loved the bit about your name :)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

aza
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by aza »

thank you! :)

matedog

Post by matedog »

oliver wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 4:05pm
I tried to listen to Maron a while back and couldn't get into it. Seemed like an incredible amount of rambling until the guest actually appeared.

Just saw Terri is on Amazon Prime so I'll be giving that a watch. Added bonus of John C Reilly too

It seems problem for a number of podcasters to have looooong intros at like 10+ minutes before the real show actually starts. It's annoying, but not exclusive to Maron.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

matedog wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 9:22am
oliver wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 4:05pm

It seems problem for a number of podcasters to have looooong intros at like 10+ minutes before the real show actually starts. It's annoying, but not exclusive to Maron.
Yeah - I hear you on that. The Adam Buxton Podcast was another I gave up on for the same reason. It's not that I dislike them, I just have a huge backlog to get through.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

aza wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 10:04am
wasnt sure where to post this, so apologies if not the right area, but i had the good luck to talk with Marc Maron on his podcast about a new film i have coming out- but of course went alot to the clash and i did my best to put into words the impact they've had on my life and work. if you listen, hope you feel i did them justice..

best,
Aza
I listened last night after I saw your IG post. It was great to learn more about when you saw The Clash in ’82. I recall mentioning to you on FB when I saw The Lovers in the theater in 2017. Congrats on French Exit!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Listening to the podcast and just finishing your Clash discussion, wonderful stuff. It's great to hear the concrete impact of the band and how it's intersected with your own life and family.

Your work all sounds fascinating, can't wait to check some of it out!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

aza wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 10:04am

best,
Aza
Finished the whole podcast. Great listen. You certainly have led a different life in the best way possible. As Flex noted, I’d love to check out your stuff.

aza
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by aza »

this really means alot to me to read, thank you for listening and letting me know. Im guessing like a few here, i had this reoccurring dream as a kid that id discover a store that only sold Clash things (even had a name "Casbah Club") and this site has not only been that place for me- discovering incredible things all the time- but its fellow patrons exactly who i hoped to find.

best,
Aza

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

aza wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 6:30am
this really means alot to me to read, thank you for listening and letting me know. Im guessing like a few here, i had this reoccurring dream as a kid that id discover a store that only sold Clash things (even had a name "Casbah Club") and this site has not only been that place for me- discovering incredible things all the time- but its fellow patrons exactly who i hoped to find.

best,
Aza
Nicely put.

My dreams mainly revolved around finding that elusive super rare great sounding bootleg at a flea market.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?