Inferior GEER

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Inferior GEER

Post by Low Down Low »

We bought that as an xmas present for my lizzy fanatic brother along with a copy of the Songs While I'm Away dvd. He thinks the box set is pretty amazing but wasn't bowled over by the doc which i haven't got around to watching yet.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 6:20am
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 2:56pm
As this is a GEER thread I'll leave this here.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/thi ... s-box-set/
That one's sitting on my shelf, still in shrink wrap. The download gets played a lot though.
😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 4:21am
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I’m mighty tempted but I’m afraid my CD collection mostly collects dust these days. I have the complete funhouse sessions boxset for example and it’s kind of nice and pretty to look at but I don’t really ever listen to it much...
Was very tempted by the complete funhouse but there are so many similar takes of the same track that I wouldn't play it so i just got a two disc edition and that satisfies my needs.
Don’t get me wrong. I’ve shelled out plenty of money on the stooges. They’re one of the most collectible bands ever, with all those unreleased 1971-1974 era songs. But 50 takes of 1970? I’m all set. I think Bomp does a better job with obscure box sets than anyone else. I think they even had a few New York Dolls ones that I never picked up.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Low Down Low wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 7:16am
We bought that as an xmas present for my lizzy fanatic brother along with a copy of the Songs While I'm Away dvd. He thinks the box set is pretty amazing but wasn't bowled over by the doc which i haven't got around to watching yet.
The doc is the same as the one I posted a link to on Page 3. As someone with a passing interest, I thought it was pretty good... but a true Lizzy afficionado might find it flawed.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

RockNRollWhore wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 9:48am
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 4:21am
RockNRollWhore wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I’m mighty tempted but I’m afraid my CD collection mostly collects dust these days. I have the complete funhouse sessions boxset for example and it’s kind of nice and pretty to look at but I don’t really ever listen to it much...
Was very tempted by the complete funhouse but there are so many similar takes of the same track that I wouldn't play it so i just got a two disc edition and that satisfies my needs.
Don’t get me wrong. I’ve shelled out plenty of money on the stooges. They’re one of the most collectible bands ever, with all those unreleased 1971-1974 era songs. But 50 takes of 1970? I’m all set. I think Bomp does a better job with obscure box sets than anyone else. I think they even had a few New York Dolls ones that I never picked up.
I got all the Easy Action Stooges/Iggy box sets and they are great. Plus a shit ton of Dolls stuff.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

JohnS wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 10:35am
Low Down Low wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 7:16am
The doc is the same as the one I posted a link to on Page 3. As someone with a passing interest, I thought it was pretty good... but a true Lizzy afficionado might find it flawed.
Oh yeah i know that doc but the Songs While I'm Away one was only made last year is the one i was referring to. It's nothing to do with the box set.