Joe Strummer "Heartbreak Hotel".

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Joe Strummer "Heartbreak Hotel".

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 12:18pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 10:18am
matedog wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 9:46am
Not sure I've even heard of this? Did this get lumped in with the Louie Louie covers as "London Calling outtakes" by any chance? I can't keep this straight.

So the working theory is that Joe recorded this in 78 for a soundtrack?

These sounds pretty sped up.
No not lumped in with LC outtakes. First appeared on cassette tapes back in the early 80s with the GEER demos. Then on a 101'ers bootleg vinyl and CD album called "Beat Music Dynamite!" the name taken from an original 101'ers poster. Name sound familiar?

I don't why you haven't heard them Andrew unless you never bother downloading anything I remaster. I've remastered them twice now on the compilation called "All the Peacemakers".

Yes the versions on YouTube are way too fast and sound crap. But the remasters sound great.

They have been mentioned in Clash books but no one seemed to know if they were 101'ers basement rehearsals as on The 101'ers bootleg named above or they were from The Clash era 1978. Well they are definitely from 1978 in my opinion. They are solo Joe tracks and I think it's Mickey Foote who is with Joe recording the two versions.
Yeah, I definitely have not been keeping up with all your work. You are too prolific!

But on that note, I don't see it listed on your upload: https://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 79#p561979
If you read further down the thread they are mentioned. They were included as an extra EP with the tracks from the "Something Else" Tv show. Tommy Gun x2 / Clash City Rockers/Political discussion with Joan Lester.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
Not sure I've even heard of this? Did this get lumped in with the Louie Louie covers as "London Calling outtakes" by any chance? I can't keep this straight.

No not lumped in with LC outtakes. First appeared on cassette tapes back in the early 80s with the GEER demos. Then on a 101'ers bootleg vinyl and CD album called "Beat Music Dynamite!" the name taken from an original 101'ers poster. Name sound familiar?

I don't why you haven't heard them Andrew unless you never bother downloading anything I remaster. I've remastered them twice now on the compilation called "All the Peacemakers".

Yes the versions on YouTube are way too fast and sound crap. But the remasters sound great.

They have been mentioned in Clash books but no one seemed to know if they were 101'ers basement rehearsals as on The 101'ers bootleg named above or they were from The Clash era 1978. Well they are definitely from 1978 in my opinion. They are solo Joe tracks and I think it's Mickey Foote who is with Joe recording the two versions.
Hopefully they use your remixes on "Joe Strummer 002"!!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JChampion wrote:
08 Apr 2021, 7:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

Hopefully they use your remixes on "Joe Strummer 002"!!!
🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia