DAT transfer Janie Jones Bonds 10/6/81

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
LovingTheClash
Corner Soul

DAT transfer Janie Jones Bonds 10/6/81

Post by LovingTheClash »

Near on perfect sound for an audience recording....

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: DAT transfer Janie Jones Bonds 10/6/81

Post by yetaca »

Cool. What's the story with this? It's much better sounding than what circulates for June 10

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Why does no one care that an actual upgrade of a bonds show exists?

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

yetaca wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 11:17pm
I hadn't realised it was an upgrade. From the description I thought it was what was already circulating?

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

laxman wrote:
09 Jun 2021, 5:53am
yetaca wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 11:17pm
I hadn't realised it was an upgrade. From the description I thought it was what was already circulating?
No, that Janie Jones is much better than what has circulated

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Checked it out on black market clash site:

"Two audience recordings circulate, without a doubt the best is direct from the audience DAT master. It is significantly less distant than the majority of this tapers other Bonds recordings; vocals are clearer and more ‘in your face’, drums are similar to the other recordings, bass is again blurred and largely buried, but both guitars are clearer and better detailed. Certainly one of the most enjoyable sounds of the Bonds audience recordings.

A second source circulates as ‘Clash Will Play!’ This source begins with the complete Morricone intro (unlike the better source which has only the last few seconds). It’s from an unknown generation; at least 1st gen but is probably several copies off the master. There is more shouting and talking near the taper on this one. The sound is mainly left channel and thin with significant hiss. Spanish Bombs is placed out of sequence. There are several edits, which lose the end of songs."

For whatever reason we have only the poorer sounding version around here. That guitars101 message board has the shorter 60 seconds to what intro so it's probably the better version but the files are either .wma or .wav & not as good sounding as it should be.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Thank you. It definitely sounds extremely good.