Westway To The World - MK II

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Westway To The World - MK II

Post by crashtheparty »

Just finished reading Don Letts book, There And Black Again. In one chapter he talks about how he’s made a new 2021 version of WTTW using unheard stories from the original band interviews, but it won’t be the original talking head format but instead their voice overs to live footage.

I’m wondering if this is what we think the hints at Bonds era footage will be or if it’s a separate thing. Anyone heard anything or when this updated WTTW will be out?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Westway To The World - MK II

Post by Marky Dread »

crashtheparty wrote:
12 May 2021, 6:21pm
Just finished reading Don Letts book, There And Black Again. In one chapter he talks about how he’s made a new 2021 version of WTTW using unheard stories from the original band interviews, but it won’t be the original talking head format but instead their voice overs to live footage.

I’m wondering if this is what we think the hints at Bonds era footage will be or if it’s a separate thing. Anyone heard anything or when this updated WTTW will be out?
Been discussed elsewhere.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12954&start=45

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

crashtheparty wrote:

Further discussion...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13220&hilit=westway
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Post by crashtheparty »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 May 2021, 7:19pm
crashtheparty wrote:

Been discussed elsewhere.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12954&start=45
Yeah, this thread discusses the book generally but not this particular point bar it being mentioned but not discussed further. I see Heston has linked another thread which I hadn’t seen.

crashtheparty
Dirty Punk

Post by crashtheparty »

Heston wrote:
12 May 2021, 7:52pm
crashtheparty wrote:

Further discussion...

Thanks Heston.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

crashtheparty wrote:
13 May 2021, 4:45am
Heston wrote:
12 May 2021, 7:52pm
crashtheparty wrote:

Further discussion...

Thanks Heston.
Yep that's the thread I was looking for but couldn't be arsed to search for.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia