Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Post by Marky Dread »

oliver wrote:
21 May 2021, 6:55pm
JohnS wrote:
21 May 2021, 4:21pm
Could it mean you have the right to 'fish FOR' money, ie fish being a verb - you have a right to acquire money from whatever resources are available.
TBF, that makes a lot of sense if 'whatever resources are available' is a euphemism for 'not legal'.. especially considering the next three lines about investigation, humiliation and rehabilitation.
I'm sure Joe would've found a much better line that meant fish "for" money if he had wanted to. I'm convinced the line is biblical as Joe was fond of dropping biblical references in his songs. As a lot of reggae artists would.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2021, 7:07pm
Low Down Low wrote:
21 May 2021, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2021, 4:59pm
Low Down Low wrote:
21 May 2021, 4:49pm
Joe definitely did have a thing for fish as one bit of trivia i recall was joe being an avid collector of fish recipes, among other bric a brac.
That is the SNEWSiest bit of info I've heard here in years!
Well, i do try to keep a lid on my distant snews past but inevitably the mask slips every now and then.
:lol: Were you a SNEWSer who somehow snuck by the sleeping night watchman here?
No, i tried to slip past, new identity, new passport, the works but was apprehended and sent to a reeducation camp where i was forced to repudiate every piece of fan fiction i'd written and taught how to fight the urge to post a thousand personal pics every day. Only then was I allowed to join on probation which should be up any decade now!

KCportland
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by KCportland »

The highlight of the Rat Patrol KYR is "Smaaasshh!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

KCportland wrote:
21 May 2021, 7:57pm
That's great!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
21 May 2021, 7:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2021, 7:07pm
Low Down Low wrote:
21 May 2021, 5:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 May 2021, 4:59pm
Low Down Low wrote:
21 May 2021, 4:49pm
Joe definitely did have a thing for fish as one bit of trivia i recall was joe being an avid collector of fish recipes, among other bric a brac.
That is the SNEWSiest bit of info I've heard here in years!
Well, i do try to keep a lid on my distant snews past but inevitably the mask slips every now and then.
:lol: Were you a SNEWSer who somehow snuck by the sleeping night watchman here?
No, i tried to slip past, new identity, new passport, the works but was apprehended and sent to a reeducation camp where i was forced to repudiate every piece of fan fiction i'd written and taught how to fight the urge to post a thousand personal pics every day. Only then was I allowed to join on probation which should be up any decade now!
"But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved IMCT."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

KCportland wrote:
I do like that.

My favourite moment is the synth (mellotron?) at the end of Death Is a Star. Was never a fan of the song before but this mix has converted me.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
21 May 2021, 8:21pm
KCportland wrote:
I do like that.

My favourite moment is the synth (mellotron?) at the end of Death Is a Star. Was never a fan of the song before but this mix has converted me.
Strangely, I think my favorite RP moment might be the rhythmic rumbles toward the end of RAD. Reminds me of some Tubby mixes.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

KCportland
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by KCportland »

Kory wrote:
21 May 2021, 9:52pm
Heston wrote:
21 May 2021, 8:21pm
KCportland wrote:
I do like that.

Strangely, I think my favorite RP moment might be the rhythmic rumbles toward the end of RAD. Reminds me of some Tubby mixes.
The descending guitars on the IC outro takes the cake for me, but I do like the RAD rumbles. I also do genuinely like the RP mix of KYR, the higher key rhythm guitar that's prominent on Combat Rock is gone, with the space echo guitar doing the staccato part and then the low stabs from the Les Paul Jr. slashing in on the off-beats. Similar guitar arrangement to Police & Thieves kinda

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 May 2021, 7:04pm
Heston wrote:
18 May 2021, 7:01pm
Silent Majority wrote:
18 May 2021, 6:50pm
matedog wrote:
18 May 2021, 6:47pm
Silent Majority wrote:
18 May 2021, 6:24pm
"Better make Inoculated City shorter and worse! There needs to be room for Red Angel Dragnet! I'm very successful!"
In fairness, he did take over a minute off of Red Angel Dragnet. We lost more of the sound collage portion of Inoculated sure.
What's a producer's job, if not to say: don't let your publicist do a shit impersonation of a film from six years ago for this album that we want to see go top ten? Or, why don't we replace these Paul vocals with something from a singer, any singer?
Joe would have been fucking brilliant on the verses of RAD. It's criminal that such a great (and I mean great) backing track has Paul's pretty dismal vocals on it. I'm in the minority that can accept Kosmo's voice over. Paul makes him sound great.
That mix I did with the actual De Niro dialogue worked great. Still yeah a Joe vocal would've been brilliant.
Joe singing with actual De Niro dialogue would've saved one of the very Clash tracks I don't have much use for, or even without the De Niro footage. I suppose as is the track met some sort of requirement for an "all for one, one for all" moment were everyone had a chance in front of the microphone. It's just weird to me that they supposedly brought in Johns to rein in Mick's vision and RAD still survived in that form.
Last edited by appleseed1 on 22 May 2021, 1:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I don't actually believe this, but let's say Kosmo Vinyl is being an absolute, not knowing his position jerk and stepping on Mick's toes and Paul, the least musical, worst vocalist of the band is also nearly coming to blows with you about the mix of a record. Would you then let them both humiliate themselves on record?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 May 2021, 11:40am
One of the consistent tensions in the history of rock music has been this conflicted view of the mass audience. If you want to be taken seriously, you can't appeal to the mass, because the masses are lazy and stupid (so conventional thought goes). The masses follow fads and like things for superficial reasons. At the same time, sales are still validation that what you're saying is getting heard approvingly. Sales and charts can and do get thrown around as proof for either side—that a song/band is good or shit—because, however unconsciously, we're acting out this long-standing question of what does mass taste represent, democracy or idiocracy.
Devo once again just failed to make into the the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame for, evidently to voters, failing to cross this tightrope.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Silent Majority wrote:
19 May 2021, 12:21pm
Low Down Low wrote:
19 May 2021, 12:10pm
I guess Bankrobber doesn't really count on account of the band not actually "performing" it. I know i must have seen it at the time as i never missed an episode of totp but can't remember what my reaction was or what i even thought of the band at that moment.
It's a totally unmemorable set of visuals, those dancers.
Those women were goddesses. I'm surprised anyone noticed a song being played.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
22 May 2021, 12:10pm
I don't actually believe this, but let's say Kosmo Vinyl is being an absolute, not knowing his position jerk and stepping on Mick's toes and Paul, the least musical, worst vocalist of the band is also nearly coming to blows with you about the mix of a record. Would you then let them both humiliate themselves on record?
It may just have been that Kosmo did the best De Niro impression in their circle of friends. One day a real De Niro impersonator will wash all the scum of the streets.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Silent Majority wrote:
22 May 2021, 12:10pm
That's an interesting possibility. Give 'em enough rope, and they'll hang themselves.

Even if it wasn't consciously done, the effect was the same as if it had been.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

I don't know how these work. How many of these acetates did they print? Presumably it was very limited.