Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Post by Heston »

I still can't believe the improvemnt in Joe's vocal on Ghetto Defendant. Mixing aside, at least Glyn got better vocal takes on a few tracks.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I much prefer Rat Patrol as an album, but agree Combat Rock made a couple of improvements. Eric’s comment on Straight to Hell is bang on. I wouldn’t mind if it went on for twenty minutes either, but the Glyn edit is stronger, as is Joe’s vocal on Know Your Rights, though I don’t know if Glyn deserves credit for that. They re-recorded the lead vocals on the songs they projected as the first two singles.

Red Angel
Sightsee MC

Post by Red Angel »

After spending nights and days reading and listening, I decided to keep only the bazarboy75 version, the right compromise between fidelity to the original acetate, sound quality and bitrate. However it is a personal vision and I thank all the others who have wasted their time ..... :approve:
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 4:13am
After spending nights and days reading and listening, I decided to keep only the bazarboy75 version, the right compromise between fidelity to the original acetate, sound quality and bitrate. However it is a personal vision and I thank all the others who have wasted their time ..... :approve:
Nobody here wasted their time and there is a version you don't have. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Red Angel wrote:
Still attending that charm school I see.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Red Angel
Sightsee MC

Post by Red Angel »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 6:44am
Red Angel wrote:
I did not know .... but I sleep well anyway! :mrgreen:
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 7:16am
Marky Dread wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 6:44am
Red Angel wrote:
I did not know .... but I sleep well anyway! :mrgreen:
Good stuff.😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

A big Christmas thank you to all the great stuff that has been shared this year on IMCT. The acetate of Rat Patrol must be the highlight of all of them. Have a good Christmas everyone.