Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Post by Kory »

I’ll say it again: RAD is good and perfectly suited to the album it’s on.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
22 May 2021, 3:48pm
I’ll say it again: RAD is good and perfectly suited to the album it’s on.
I'll say it again: I like this Kory guy and the board he's on.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Silent Majority wrote:
22 May 2021, 12:10pm
I don't actually believe this, but let's say Kosmo Vinyl is being an absolute, not knowing his position jerk and stepping on Mick's toes and Paul, the least musical, worst vocalist of the band is also nearly coming to blows with you about the mix of a record. Would you then let them both humiliate themselves on record?
Secondary bonus of future pissing off some fan who also hates the drummer he’s about to rehire. And also mysteriously impressing some bass playing dork in the future.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I'm in the minority that thinks Kosmo isn't that bad on it. Maybe it's just in comparison to Paul's super weird vocal.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
22 May 2021, 7:34pm
I'm in the minority that thinks Kosmo isn't that bad on it. Maybe it's just in comparison to Paul's super weird vocal.
When I first heard I thought the vocal was strange but cool. Now I think it's just strange. But the track as a whole is great. Lots going on in this mix.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
22 May 2021, 7:34pm
I'm good with Paul, so I pretty much have to be good with Kosmo. Sometimes you don't resist and swim with the weird tide.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

RAD is extra jarring on CR being right before Straight to Hell. You have this magnum opus, masterpiece of tone, mood, rhythm, lyrical heartbreak that follows some weird non-song with your foghorn bassist yammering on about gangs in New York or something (and whatever the fuck the Hands up for Hollywood verse is about) and your hanger on doing a way too long and way too dumb impersonation of a movie from a few years prior. It makes more sense pretty much anywhere else, but definitely as the Rat Patrol fade in opener.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
24 May 2021, 1:07am
RAD is extra jarring on CR being right before Straight to Hell. You have this magnum opus, masterpiece of tone, mood, rhythm, lyrical heartbreak that follows some weird non-song with your foghorn bassist yammering on about gangs in New York or something (and whatever the fuck the Hands up for Hollywood verse is about) and your hanger on doing a way too long and way too dumb impersonation of a movie from a few years prior. It makes more sense pretty much anywhere else, but definitely as the Rat Patrol fade in opener.
"yammering on about gangs in New York or something"

It's really about Guardian (Red) Angel Frankie Melvin who was working for anti crime and was shot dead by a police officer. I think RAD is very pertinent for these times.

The songs lyrics then make the contrast between this killing and the movie Taxi Driver where Travis has decided he's had enough and takes the law into his own hands.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/12/31 ... 378622800/

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2021, 5:09am
matedog wrote:

It's really about Guardian (Red) Angel Frankie Melvin who was working for anti crime and was shot dead by a police officer. I think RAD is very pertinent for these times.

The songs lyrics then make the contrast between this killing and the movie Taxi Driver where Travis has decided he's had enough and takes the law into his own hands.

If you've got a serious point to make on a song, best not to use your goofy voiced bass player to deliver the message. And the bad Taxi Driver impersonation. At long as it went on, at least he didn't do the "you talking to me?" bit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
24 May 2021, 1:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

If you've got a serious point to make on a song, best not to use your goofy voiced bass player to deliver the message. And the bad Taxi Driver impersonation. At long as it went on, at least he didn't do the "you talking to me?" bit.
Concur with Hoy here. Lyrics alone it could be considered a sincere observation about the Guardian Angels, but the delivery, esp. KV's, does not suggest gravity whatsoever. Not exactly a lark either, but certainly nothing like STH's commitment.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

It’s fine. It could be better, but it’s fine.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2021, 1:59pm
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

Concur with Hoy here. Lyrics alone it could be considered a sincere observation about the Guardian Angels, but the delivery, esp. KV's, does not suggest gravity whatsoever. Not exactly a lark either, but certainly nothing like STH's commitment.
Oh I agree it comes across as a bit goofy. But I wasn't addressing the vocal stylings just the message in response to Andrew's comment of "yammering on about gangs in New York or something".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2021, 2:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

Oh I agree it comes across as a bit goofy. But I wasn't addressing the vocal stylings just the message in response to Andrew's comment of "yammering on about gangs in New York or something".
Quit diffusing my attempts at snark!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
24 May 2021, 3:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2021, 2:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Quit diffusing my attempts at snark!
Try harder junior!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I said this on twitter, but it's worth repeating here. The Fulham Connection was well ahead of its time. Unfortunately, the time it ended up representing was 1986.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/