Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 5:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 5:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 5:18pm
matedog wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 4:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 6:45pm
Nothing was done last year with the 35th anniversary of CtC, why should we expect anything for CR? :shifty:
What if Gerald is an industry/Bernie plant and his redux was part of some grand CTC scheme to honor its 35th?
For this to be true, you need to explain why Bernie would issue a competing version of his perfect creation? That's the enduring comedy of that record—Bernie maintains that it's great.
The greatest hoax of all time.
I'll believe in alien moon bases before I believe Bernie has doubts about CtC's greatness.
He managed to get rid of Mick and turn a shit hot group into a cold turd.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 5:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

What if Gerald is an industry/Bernie plant and his redux was part of some grand CTC scheme to honor its 35th?
For this to be true, you need to explain why Bernie would issue a competing version of his perfect creation? That's the enduring comedy of that record—Bernie maintains that it's great.
I'll believe in alien moon bases before I believe Bernie has doubts about CtC's greatness.
"Alien Moon Base" was to be the follow up to CtC.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

Well, McLaren did his best to wreck the Pistols, so Bernie made sure he was just as good.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 5:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Well, McLaren did his best to wreck the Pistols, so Bernie made sure he was just as good.
Not sure he was though. Malcolm made himself a star and went on to have a decent few hits whereas Bernie just went round the outside.
Last edited by Marky Dread on 27 Jun 2021, 6:18pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 6:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Not sure he was though. Malcolm made himself a star and went on to have a decent few hits whereas Bernie just went round the outside.
Just as good at wrecking a great band is what I meant. Beyond that, no, McLaren continued to ply his cons to some success and fame/infamy, whereas Bernie is more of a trivia answer.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 6:16pm
Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 6:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Just as good at wrecking a great band is what I meant. Beyond that, no, McLaren continued to ply his cons to some success and fame/infamy, whereas Bernie is more of a trivia answer.
Yes but I'm not really convinced he did destroy the Pistols. I think they would've imploded anyway. I can't really imagine them making a follow up to NMTB. He sure threw his hat in the ring with all his manipulations but I think he also helped in creating their success. They were far more famous after Winterland.

As to his solo career you see Malcolm left the production to Trevor Horn and Anne Dudley. Whereas Bernie thought all he needed was Bernie.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 6:23pm
Yes but I'm not really convinced he did destroy the Pistols. I think they would've imploded anyway. I can't really imagine them making a follow up to NMTB. He sure threw his hat in the ring with all his manipulations but I think he also helped in creating their success. They were far more famous after Winterland.
Sure, the Pistols were not a long-term thing for many reasons, but it didn't help that the manager was purposefully adding to the pressures that would kill the band. On that count, Lydon is correct. Whatever value McLaren brought to the band—and he certainly did—he was all too happy to imperil the lives of its members for his own interests. He was brilliant in his own way, but he was a reprehensible monster.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 6:41pm
Marky Dread wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 6:23pm
Sure, the Pistols were not a long-term thing for many reasons, but it didn't help that the manager was purposefully adding to the pressures that would kill the band. On that count, Lydon is correct. Whatever value McLaren brought to the band—and he certainly did—he was all too happy to imperil the lives of its members for his own interests. He was brilliant in his own way, but he was a reprehensible monster.
I'm not taking sides Lydon or McLaren. But I think there's much more than meets the eye to the Pistols tale. Paul and Steve didn't like John and Glen was made the easy target so took the brunt of the shit early on. Lydon had his own friends and never associated with the rest of the band outside of Pistols activities. Then when Glen left/was pushed Sid was supposed to be an ally but ended up resenting Lydon and the feeling was mutual. McLaren played devil's advocate but they were not some innocent young kids being fucked over by a grown up these were very street smart savvy guys who knew exactly what was going on. Sid was on self destruct mode and was a junkie long before he joined the band. McLaren knew how Sid would end up as much as the others did and milked things while he could. The old adage of no one is innocent was never more apt.

I hate hearing Lydon say he wished he'd been smarter regarding Sid as he knew only too well what was going to be the end result. He knew he was a junkie before he was a Pistol and John got him in the band because he knew that it was meant to have been Sid all along who McLaren was supposed to ask to be the frontman. The only problem being they were both called John and Lydon had been picked in error.

There are so many reasons why they didn't last and they are not all McLaren's fault. Just take a look at how Paul and Steve treated Warrick Nightingale after it was his band they joined. McLaren told them he didn't look right as the singer so they dumped him. He was a better guitar player than Steve at the time. They denied him his royalties for writing "Did You No Wrong". They were all a bunch of nasty fuckers except Glen and that's another reason he didn't last. Again getting rid of the best musician in the band.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I don't disagree with any of that, but neither does it refute my basic point that in terms of the well-being of the members of the group, McLaren was at best delinquent, but more truly abusive of his responsibilities. He reveled in the chaos and fed it because it suited his interests. It's one thing for the manager to fail to keep together a group determined to self-destruct; it's another for that manager to deliberately sow discontent and paranoia because it fits his agenda.

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

ok well, i've just stumbled upon this thread.
As I was reading the thread, I came upon the first upload, the m4a files. I downloaded them right away. Got my over the ear headphones out.
Frigging brilliant!
I cannot say enough about this. The sound is real good. I am old enough to remember hearing clicks and pops when listening to music so that didn't bother me at all. These are awesome.
I will also add to the list of those who wish this version (double album like London Calling) would have been released as it is here. I think it would have been brilliant. The more music artists I like want to release, i'm all for it. Then again, i'm a fan, not a record company executive. Or an accountant.
I really have to say that this version of Inoculated City is so great, its always been one of my favorite songs anyway but this version totally kicks ass. I love Combat Rock, but I really love this. Having them both now in high quality is fabulous. A HUGE thank you from me to everyone involved with this.
And hell yeah to the official release of these on next year's anniversary deluxe edition!
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 8:05pm
I don't disagree with any of that, but neither does it refute my basic point that in terms of the well-being of the members of the group, McLaren was at best delinquent, but more truly abusive of his responsibilities. He reveled in the chaos and fed it because it suited his interests. It's one thing for the manager to fail to keep together a group determined to self-destruct; it's another for that manager to deliberately sow discontent and paranoia because it fits his agenda.
They didn't care about their own well being and with McLaren being an unscrupulous bastard there's no way he would care. Sid and John rubbing butter into their own faces so they would get spots and then the spots turning sceptic. Fuck knows they were unmanageable so what a complete clusterfuck. As to the paranoia you mention yes but then our choice of drug back then was speed. Try that for a full 48 hours and see how paranoid you become. It's a horrible come down and it makes you very unpleasant to be around.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

weller259 wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 3:30am

I really have to say that this version of Inoculated City is so great, its always been one of my favorite songs anyway but this version totally kicks ass. I
I always thought the outro was the best part of the song and wished it could go on longer. Imagine my surprise :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 7:19am
weller259 wrote:

I really have to say that this version of Inoculated City is so great, its always been one of my favorite songs anyway but this version totally kicks ass. I
I always thought the outro was the best part of the song and wished it could go on longer. Imagine my surprise :mrgreen:
Brilliant isn't it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 7:34am
white man wrote:
weller259 wrote:

Brilliant isn't it.
fast-show-to-return.jpg

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 9:06am
Marky Dread wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 7:34am
white man wrote:
weller259 wrote:

Brilliant isn't it.
fast-show-to-return.jpg
Cheesey beans brilliant!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia