Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Rat Patrol 2LP acetate

Post by Marky Dread »

yetaca wrote:
14 May 2021, 1:39pm
FYI Combat Rock was released today in 1982
Two posts too late. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

sonnyburnit wrote:
14 May 2021, 1:39pm
I think Sean Flynn extended is one of the hottest things they ever did. They should put that on a meditation app, take you to that place
😎👌

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Rat Patrol has a lot of post-Vietnam America vibe. The malaise of the 70's as everything seemingly went to shit: sweaty, grimy. I wonder how much their time in NYC in 81 influenced Rat Patrol? I think quite a bit.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
14 May 2021, 3:03pm
Rat Patrol has a lot of post-Vietnam America vibe. The malaise of the 70's as everything seemingly went to shit: sweaty, grimy. I wonder how much their time in NYC in 81 influenced Rat Patrol? I think quite a bit.
Definitely an influence. But "Hearts of Darkness/Apocalypse Now" was the big influence on Joe.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

I applied some restoration treatments (but the original is very good)

A SIDE
https://mega.nz/file/zYNSDBjB#zwwnxR3CS ... Tic1PLTvf0
B SIDE
https://mega.nz/file/mYcAnDCb#a7hVloEpY ... eJtsQNv7xo

I will be on the road for work for hours next week i know what i'll gonna hear in loop...

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 May 2021, 3:16pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Definitely an influence. But "Hearts of Darkness/Apocalypse Now" was the big influence on Joe.
As would Michael Herrs Dispatches which i think joe was reading around that time.

Regards The Fulham Connection"", a phrase i've always been curious about. Was watching an old episode of Minder earlier in which Arthur is being done for importing drugs (he's innocent, for once!) and uses the phrase a couple of times. I assumed it was a play on the movie title Joe or Topper had come up with but it was obviously in wider circulation before that.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 May 2021, 4:28pm
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
As would Michael Herrs Dispatches which i think joe was reading around that time.

Regards The Fulham Connection"", a phrase i've always been curious about. Was watching an old episode of Minder earlier in which Arthur is being done for importing drugs (he's innocent, for once!) and uses the phrase a couple of times. I assumed it was a play on the movie title Joe or Topper had come up with but it was obviously in wider circulation before that.
That episode of Minder was released on 2nd October 1985.

It's a play on the movie title The French Connection II.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 May 2021, 4:38pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I did check it this morning and the episode they showed on itv today was from april, 1982, according to imdb anyway.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0648686/

Just a minor thing really, but i remember checking before and not being able to find any other references to the phrase being used so naturally my curiosity was piqued when i heard Arthur use it twice this morning.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 May 2021, 4:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I did check it this morning and the episode they showed on itv today was from april, 1982, according to imdb anyway.

Just a minor thing really, but i remember checking before and not being able to find any other references to the phrase being used so naturally my curiosity was piqued when i heard Arthur use it twice this morning.
Ahh I probably had the wrong episode "From Fulham with Love". But they were all filmed in the Fulham/Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush area.

So yeah could be a possibility Joe watched it.

Definitively a play on the Gene Hackman movie from 1975.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

bazarboy75 wrote:
14 May 2021, 4:15pm

A SIDE
B SIDE

I will be on the road for work for hours next week i know what i'll gonna hear in loop...
Very nice, thank you! :smile:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 May 2021, 5:11pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Ahh I probably had the wrong episode "From Fulham with Love". But they were all filmed in the Fulham/Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush area.

No question it's a play on the film, but i'd never made the leap joe might have picked it up from the tv show. Would make sense alright, though i'm wondering whether the song could have been written as late as April 82? I have actually spent an unreasonable amount of time researching this and can find no other source for the phrase being used. Dunno why it matters to me, but it does!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
14 May 2021, 5:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
14 May 2021, 5:11pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:

No question it's a play on the film, but i'd never made the leap joe might have picked it up from the tv show. Would make sense alright, though i'm wondering whether the song could have been written as late as April 82? I have actually spent an unreasonable amount of time researching this and can find no other source for the phrase being used. Dunno why it matters to me, but it does!
I love all this stuff too.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

This thread got me spinning Combat Rock tonight. Rat Patrol is often mentioned as Mick's baby, but I think it features some of Joe's best lyrics.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
14 May 2021, 6:28pm
This thread got me spinning Combat Rock tonight. Rat Patrol is often mentioned as Mick's baby, but I think it features some of Joe's best lyrics.
"Car Jamming" has some fantastic lyrics.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

bazarboy75 wrote:
14 May 2021, 4:15pm

A SIDE
B SIDE

I'll check these out soon, thanks! What did you do to them, out of curiosity?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc