Save the Date: EET Week 2021

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Save the Date: EET Week 2021

Post by Silent Majority »

we're there. its fun. worse than i remembered.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Apologies for the early exit, very fussy baby tonight, great seeing you all, cheers!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 3:39pm
Apologies for the early exit, very fussy baby tonight, great seeing you all, cheers!
It added valuable cinéma vérité to the affair. :cool:

Once the recording is processed, I'll upload it for archival status for when future historians run out of useful things to write about.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 4:15pm
BitterTom wrote:

Once the recording is processed, I'll upload it for archival status for when future historians run out of useful things to write about.
Apologies also for the background noise before you muted me, tried to get a few jobs done and didn't realise how much noise was coming through, hope it doesn't fuck up the recording.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 4:15pm
BitterTom wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to organize the call today. My opinion of CTC hasn't really changed, but it was a good time none the less.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BitterTom wrote:
All good. Happy you made it out. Good times guys!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

That was fun.
Zoom CTC Listening Party, 06-19-2021.jpg

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Here's the recording of the festivities (around 2 hours in length): https://mega.nz/file/oA8TnYCL#scf3Xeoud ... Tp4fq--zRM

We ended up going Classic Coke and listened to the original record, pausing after each song to chat about the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thanks to everyone who participated, especially those who haven't done one of these things before. It was also fantastic that Gerald showed up and was able to talk a bit about how he approached his salvage job. At the very end, Briggy quizzes him about the eventual vinyl (and later cd) release of his work.

Always good to spend time with superb people.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 5:14pm
Here's the recording of the festivities (around 2 hours in length): https://mega.nz/file/oA8TnYCL#scf3Xeoud ... Tp4fq--zRM

We ended up going Classic Coke and listened to the original record, pausing after each song to chat about the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thanks to everyone who participated, especially those who haven't done one of these things before. It was also fantastic that Gerald showed up and was able to talk a bit about how he approached his salvage job. At the very end, Briggy quizzes him about the eventual vinyl (and later cd) release of his work.

Always good to spend time with superb people.
Doc is an excellent host for these things too.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

The Bernie quote at the bottom of my virtual background was cut off. I think Kaleb put that image together. Can someone remind me how Bernie got a copy of the CTC IMCT tribute?
Attachments
the_eet_week_players_cut_the_crap_an_imct_tribute_cover_2.jpg
the_eet_week_players_cut_the_crap_an_imct_tribute_cover_2.jpg (126.53 KiB) Viewed 2482 times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 7:09pm
The Bernie quote at the bottom of my virtual background was cut off. I think Kaleb put that image together. Can someone remind me how Bernie got a copy of the CTC IMCT tribute?
Wasn't that what he asked Hoy (or maybe it was SM?) when direct contact was made?

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 7:43pm
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Wasn't that what he asked Hoy (or maybe it was SM?) when direct contact was made?
I thought he asked that after listening to it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 8:21pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 7:43pm
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
I thought he asked that after listening to it.
My gut memory says it was related to something else, but I wouldn't bet Olaf's prized flute collection on it.

edit: Nope, you're right: http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... 06#p489006

Funny that my incorrect memory from then refuses to be fixed.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Looking forward to watching this lads, well done.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

matedog

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 8:58pm
Looking forward to watching this lads, well done.
You were mentioned a few times. Def during Are You Red...Y?