Topper Documentary

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Topper Documentary

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 4:24pm
matedog wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 3:19pm
Silent Majority wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 10:01am
I personally won't be satisfied until this website is 91% gratuitous attacks on the appearance of Mick Jones and Paul Simonon.
Can we rank the current hotness of Clash members?
1. Topper
2. Paul
3. Mick
4. Terry
5. Joe
6. Keith Levene
That Vince threatened my life makes him irresistibly hot!
Stockholm Syndulla
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

UPDATE
From the director
"Topper Headon: I fought the law" is selected at MIA Doc pitching Forum in Roma"

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

bazarboy75 wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 7:18am
UPDATE
From the director
"Topper Headon: I fought the law" is selected at MIA Doc pitching Forum in Roma"

:cool:

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

https://businessdoceurope.com/mia-proje ... nel-guedj/

According to this it's due for release in May 23 and the director has the full backing of the Clash and access to the archive. This could turn out to be one hell of a film if it's done right....however the journalist who wrote the article needs a poke in the ribs for referencing Records as "Vinyls"...turns my stomach...

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I'm looking forward to this. Let's hope it's good. I hope it addresses all the bad points of Topper's addiction with losing mates like Pete Farndon. Honesty and respect have to be the main subjects.

But the film I want to see made is the one about the kid from the tower block council estate who dreamed of being a rock n' star and ended up playing She stadium. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Very good sign that he has evidently earned the trust not only of Topper but the rest of the crew themselves. Really looking forward to it, looks very promisting.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 9:29am
I'm looking forward to this. Let's hope it's good. I hope it addresses all the bad points of Topper's addiction with losing mates like Pete Farndon. Honesty and respect have to be the main subjects.

But the film I want to see made is the one about the kid from the tower block council estate who dreamed of being a rock n' star and ended up playing She stadium. 😉
That's gotta be in the pipeline at some point! The sequel about the skinhead Herbert kid who also played Shea and went on to be arrested as a cook on a Greenpeace ship would go down well too!

Also the prequel of the malevolent dictator who manipulated all he met in to creating ALL pop culture would be great in 3D too!

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

Excited for this. The longer I listen to the Clash the more I gain an appreciation/understanding of how important he was for their development and the cohesion of their sound during their most experimental period.

There's also just the curiosity about some of the things he was going through in his his latter years with the band.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

motorsmell wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 6:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:

That's gotta be in the pipeline at some point! The sequel about the skinhead Herbert kid who also played Shea and went on to be arrested as a cook on a Greenpeace ship would go down well too!

Also the prequel of the malevolent dictator who manipulated all he met in to creating ALL pop culture would be great in 3D too!
Ah yes the Bernie move. "How I Invented Punk Rock and Destroyed Western Culture" Aka "I Cut the Crap".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 12:55pm
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Ah yes the Bernie move. "How I Invented Punk Rock and Destroyed Western Culture" Aka "I Cut the Crap".
Have you seen the don Letts live Q and A that Bernie crashes? Very funny indeed

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

motorsmell wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 1:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

No I haven't. Doesn't much surprise me though.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

SuzukiSamurai
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by SuzukiSamurai »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 2:01pm
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Bernie Rhodes: Professional Crap Cutter

War on tape hiss!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

SuzukiSamurai wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 2:09pm
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:

Bernie Rhodes: Professional Crap Cutter
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Enjoy

SuzukiSamurai
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by SuzukiSamurai »

motorsmell wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 1:10am
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
motorsmell wrote:

Enjoy
"Hopefully I've been cool ever since." Great video, thanks for sharing it!

War on tape hiss!