Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Sex Pistols...Walking in a wonder Winterland

Post by Marky Dread »

So after all these years the truth about the Sex Pistols split has finally been revealed. Was it Malcolm's manipulations? ...nope. was it Sid's wild antics and drug use? ...nope. Was it Cook and Jones's womanising behaviour? ...nope. Was John's ego getting out of control? ...nope.

It was that the band were afraid of Olaf and his raccoon army. Here is the proof.
Attachments
Pistols Germany '78.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

This is fantastic, cheers Marky.

Johnny sounds amazing in the soundcheck.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 2:14pm
So after all these years the truth about the Sex Pistols split has finally been revealed. Was it Malcolm's manipulations? ...nope. was it Sid's wild antics and drug use? ...nope. Was it Cook and Jones's womanising behaviour? ...nope. Was John's ego getting out of control? ...nope.

It was that the band were afraid of Olaf and his raccoon army. Here is the proof.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Heston wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 7:28pm

That soundcheck is brilliant - I remember when it first surfaced, on blogs and then youtube, but this is the first time I've listened to it properly, in its entirety (and in such superb quality) since then. A real fly on the wall glimpse into the band's mindset by this stage of the tour (and their career)
Johnny seems surprisingly professional and conscientious about getting the sound right, at least before he loses patience and resorts to his petulant persona; even in soundcheck mode his voice and vocalising is totally unique - all those weird 'whistles' and stuff and the way he (very co-operatively) does the 'hello..o..o..o.' - No-one else sounds like him.
And other surprises are how adept Sid's bass playing is at times, when he's doing his random riffs and phrases from other tunes - far better than he shows in any live performances I've heard - plus Steve Jones's equally surprising guitar licks when he's also messing about - some trad bluesy riffs here and there.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:

Cheers mate. He does sound good but boy all those "ello's" would've driven me mad. Poor Boogie (John Tiberi) doing the sound.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 7:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 2:14pm

:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 10:35pm
Heston wrote:

That soundcheck is brilliant - I remember when it first surfaced, on blogs and then youtube, but this is the first time I've listened to it properly, in its entirety (and in such superb quality) since then. A real fly on the wall glimpse into the band's mindset by this stage of the tour (and their career)
Johnny seems surprisingly professional and conscientious about getting the sound right, at least before he loses patience and resorts to his petulant persona; even in soundcheck mode his voice and vocalising is totally unique - all those weird 'whistles' and stuff and the way he (very co-operatively) does the 'hello..o..o..o.' - No-one else sounds like him.
And other surprises are how adept Sid's bass playing is at times, when he's doing his random riffs and phrases from other tunes - far better than he shows in any live performances I've heard - plus Steve Jones's equally surprising guitar licks when he's also messing about - some trad bluesy riffs here and there.
I think what John had was incredible diction. This helped keep songs together even when the playing was going out of tune.

Those whistle sounds is John sucking his lips backwards. Dave Goodman used to call them Dolphin sounds.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JohnS wrote:
Heston wrote:

I wasn't super interested in this show, but this review just sold me.

Thanks Marky! Looking forward to it!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
21 Oct 2021, 3:58pm
JohnS wrote:
Heston wrote:

I wasn't super interested in this show, but this review just sold me.

Thanks Marky! Looking forward to it!
Cheers mate.👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia