The Clash Jan 24 1984 Long Beach Arena uploaded on Dime on November 8, 2021

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: The Clash Jan 24 1984 Long Beach Arena uploaded on Dime on November 8, 2021

Post by Kimmelweck »

Sparky wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 9:17am
Kimmelweck wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 1:41am
No problem. My strategy on Dime the last couple years, to keep my ratio up, has been to download a crap ton of stuff I couldn’t care less about but that other Dime users seem to like (for me, that means stuff like Aerosmith, Phil Collins, Grateful Dead, etc.). I would jump on those downloads as soon as they were posted, when they were first or second from the top, knowing that there would be loads of downloaders after me. Then I would let them seed for a week or two before deleting them. At first, downloading the Grateful Dead made me want to take a hot shower, but I got used to it, and it allowed me to build my ratio up to about 3.15, with about 143 gigabytes downloaded and 450 gigabytes uploaded. Now, I can potentially download thousands of older and relatively inactive Dime postings of material that I actually like (like the Clash), with no worries about my share ratio dropping into the danger zone. It's a bonus when I can get in early on a Clash download on Dime. :mrgreen:
Keep your eyes on DIME during Christmas week, they usually have free leach through New Years, I grab the older, less popular stuff I want and don't ding my ratio.
Good point. I’ve made use of the holiday special on Dime too. Definitely useful, as you still get upload credit.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 7:00pm
I like "Buffalo Gals" and "Double Dutch". They work as fun pop songs. They didn't need any involvement from Talcy Malcy.
Yeah I like both of those too, though I think I prefer Double Dutch. To be clear, my post upthread (“that stupid Buffalo Gals song”) was a quote from a show review and not my personal opinion. Fun pop songs, like you say. Pretty impressive actually, for having gone from the business side to the performing side. At least Malcolm did his own thing rather than trying to be a Sex Pistol, unlike Bernie’s approach.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kimmelweck wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 11:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
I like "Buffalo Gals" and "Double Dutch". They work as fun pop songs. They didn't need any involvement from Talcy Malcy.
Yeah I like both of those too, though I think I prefer Double Dutch. To be clear, my post upthread (“that stupid Buffalo Gals song”) was a quote from a show review and not my personal opinion. Fun pop songs, like you say. Pretty impressive actually, for having gone from the business side to the performing side. At least Malcolm did his own thing rather than trying to be a Sex Pistol, unlike Bernie’s approach.
Gotcha mate. Yes I agree after Malcolm did Bowwowwow with the ex Ants he was at least branching out with new sounds.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 10:34pm
Marky Dread wrote:
I suppose they're fine. Stuff like that Fans or vogue-ing record he did were just dismal. As a conceptual guy, I can't help but he was correct about a lot of things—the premise of the Swindle has gained credibility as the years have passed—but he was not a performer in any way. Such a nasty human being, yet I have to give him his due as an intellectual and provocateur.
Rose Corre Isaacs his grandmother was an unbelievably scheming woman. Selling fake paintings and stealing cars etc and literally taught the young Malcolm to be bad. Add to this mix the total rejection of him by his parents. It was far from a decent upbringing so no real surprise he carried on with an incredibly poor sense of moral values.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia