You're My Guitar Hero

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

You're My Guitar Hero

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://guitar.com/guides/essential-gui ... r-moments/

A listicle that's pretty predictable, but not goofy, either. I immediately went to number one to make sure they got that right (they did).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: You're My Guitar Hero

Post by white man »

Actually 3y 8month and 4 days between 1st and 4th albums, plus a slew of singles.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 7:07pm

A listicle that's pretty predictable, but not goofy, either. I immediately went to number one to make sure they got that right (they did).
Pretty good read, I think I'm 100% on board with the top 3, I know "Complete Control" is always tops on my list.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

In that pic at the top of the page, Topper looks like he's about to hock up a loogie.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The most questionable omission to me is "Capital Radio Two." The crashing guitar sound when it kicks in is so damned satisfying.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
16 Dec 2021, 8:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

In that pic at the top of the page, Topper looks like he's about to hock up a loogie.
Yep, I would have to agree!
And Doc, I would have liked to have seen either version of "Capital Radio" make the list as well, great song from the first EP I ever purchased, "Cost Of Living EP".
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Yeah, if this list is based around guitar licks, then Capital Radio 2 would count as an omission for me. Groovy Times would find a place too, love micks work on that.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Well it's a bit buried in the mix but kingston advice is to me Mick on the top of his game you got to listen to an instrumental version guys a pure rock dub guitar

Inoculated city (the rat patrol version) is also great as rock dub track and i suspect Mike scott from the waterboys to ripped of the guitar riff for his december track

Street parade kick ass too if you think about it

And don't forget last gang in town and all the young punk had great guitar licks

Actualy all the tracks from the cost of living

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

bazarboy75 wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 9:48am
Well it's a bit buried in the mix but kingston advice is to me Mick on the top of his game you got to listen to an instrumental version guys a pure rock dub guitar

Inoculated city (the rat patrol version) is also great as rock dub track and i suspect Mike scott from the waterboys to ripped of the guitar riff for his december track

And don't forget last gang in town and all the young punk had great guitar licks

Some good choices. Interesting thing about the list is that 17 of the 20 tracks are pre-1980 which is probably fair enough but suggests too that maybe micks work was a bit more subtle on the later albums.

I'm going to suggest Lover's Rock too and run for the hills!

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

Janie Jones always surprises me how that always seems to make the lists. I like that song but i guess i am not a big lover of White Riot either which is a similar type of song, I still like them and listen but I much prefer Hate and War it holds so much more interest for me

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

bazarboy75 wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 9:48am

Is there an instrumental version of Kingston Advice or are you referring to your amazing dub version? Would love to hear it.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

coffeepotman wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 4:33pm

Is there an instrumental version of Kingston Advice or are you referring to your amazing dub version? Would love to hear it.
An instrumental version must exist somewhere....
But i use technology to create one !
not perfect but here we go
https://mega.nz/file/SJUzCQjS#Tmb4vsX5J ... Fu-qQX_u7M

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

bazarboy75 wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 8:09am
coffeepotman wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 4:33pm

An instrumental version must exist somewhere....
But i use technology to create one !
not perfect but here we go
https://mega.nz/file/SJUzCQjS#Tmb4vsX5J ... Fu-qQX_u7M
Amazing! Merci! Love it, could you possibly do Street Parade, that's my fav. Actually listening to this give a whole new perspective. This tune rocks! I'd love to hear the whole S! instrumental. Can't get enough of S!

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

[quote=coffeepotman post_id=633969 time=1639921200 user_id=168

Amazing! Merci! Love it, could you possibly do Street Parade, that's my fav. Actually listening to this give a whole new perspective. This tune rocks! I'd love to hear the whole S! instrumental. Can't get enough of S!
[/quote]

Here we go

https://mega.nz/file/XAkU1BJI#SuiE5wXa8 ... x9ZE-ZkDTg