GEER 2022

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Re: GEER 2022

Post by Mark^Bastard »

Awesome work Marky! Quick question, what are the Japanese editions? Are they different somehow?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 8:32pm
Wolter wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 8:26pm
Oh dip. There’s my evening sorted. To the edibles bunker!
I'll take that as a thank you and a "fuck! Marky you are awesome". 🤣

Enjoy Wolt.
You take it correctly, sir!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mark^Bastard wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 10:12pm
Awesome work Marky! Quick question, what are the Japanese editions? Are they different somehow?
Same albums released in Japan. But far better mastering although a little too quiet by today's standards. But the first cds released. As there are different reissues.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 4:39pm
Cool and thanks. Based on past discussion about GEER, I pretty much give Hoy my proxy.
Addition of Pressure Drop and Groovy only helps. And it’s resequenced to be a lot less front loaded.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

Thank you Marky, I've just listened to your 2022 mix and I think it has a bit more clarity than your previous remaster. Guns on the roof, seems to have more of a dynamic arrangement to my deaf old ears.

I think presenting the tracks in a new sequence with the 2 additional songs is a good idea. It makes you listen to the album afresh. Great work, looking forward to The Cost of Living ep next.
Very topical title at this point in time.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Thanks as always Marky, I'm looking forward to this as it is prolly my least listened to Clash album, maybe with some fresh ears I'll have a new appreciation for it.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Great stuff. Thanks Marky.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

So I listened to it today while out for a run. My first observation was sounds great, followed by confusion as my brain has been programmed to expect the album to play in a certain order or sequence. For me I think the re-tracking caused me to listen to each track even more closely, almost as if it was all new to me again. Guess I'm a a total creature of habit, but this was really a fun listen.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 12:19pm
So I listened to it today while out for a run. My first observation was sounds great, followed by confusion as my brain has been programmed to expect the album to play in a certain order or sequence. For me I think the re-tracking caused me to listen to each track even more closely, almost as if it was all new to me again. Guess I'm a a total creature of habit, but this was really a fun listen.
Yeah it's a strange thing how your brain becomes hard wired to what it expects next. The problem I have at times is when I play old stuff and I get slightly distracted I don't even realise I've totally missed a track. Like my brain has almost forged two songs together. So again yeah the changes does force the brain to listen more intensely and reevaluate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Telecaster wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 8:54am
Thank you Marky, I've just listened to your 2022 mix and I think it has a bit more clarity than your previous remaster. Guns on the roof, seems to have more of a dynamic arrangement to my deaf old ears.

I think presenting the tracks in a new sequence with the 2 additional songs is a good idea. It makes you listen to the album afresh. Great work, looking forward to The Cost of Living ep next.
Very topical title at this point in time.
In my opinion it's the best mix I've done of the GEER tracks.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 12:27pm
Sparky wrote:
Yeah it's a strange thing how your brain becomes hard wired to what it expects next. The problem I have at times is when I play old stuff and I get slightly distracted I don't even realise I've totally missed a track. Like my brain has almost forged two songs together. So again yeah the changes does force the brain to listen more intensely and reevaluate.
Is that an argument, perhaps, for listening on shuffle?
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 12:29pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Hello,

I avoid shuffling. I think I want to hear an album in the manner the artist wants it digested (well, hopefully the artist and not the producer/label/whatever). I'm not a/the artist. If you want to shuffle, fine - do so if it increases your enjoyment but I have my rationale.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 1:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Hello,

I avoid shuffling. I think I want to hear an album in the manner the artist wants it digested (well, hopefully the artist and not the producer/label/whatever). I'm not a/the artist. If you want to shuffle, fine - do so if it increases your enjoyment but I have my rationale.
I don't shuffle either, tho it's because I'm a control freak. There's something about a song just popping up that puts me on the defensive.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Not for me. Shuffle doesn't bring up the track list in any thought out process. When I reorder tracks I put a lot of thought into how tracks sit together and the overall feel.
Shuffle is just a random process.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

This is great thanks Marky. Is the first blast of Tommy Gunn an even better opening statement of intent than Safe European Home? The extra tracks add variations that GEER lacks, and I say that as someone hooked on to the band by GEER!