Full audience recording 1 Feb 1982

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Blackmarketclash
Dirty Punk

Full audience recording 1 Feb 1982

Post by Blackmarketclash »

Thanks to Tim for highlighting this. An audience recording has come up for sale with the whole show from the 1st Feb 1982 (Tokyo). This is the most booted soundboard gig of the Clash with non being complete. Time tells me it is complete and includes Spanish Bombs, the 30th track on any soundboard release.

It's £25 and is an audience recording.
https://www.discjapan.com/product/clash ... rdour-428/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Full audience recording 1 Feb 1982

Post by matedog »

Blackmarketclash wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 6:00am
Thanks to Tim for highlighting this. An audience recording has come up for sale with the whole show from the 1st Feb 1982 (Tokyo). This is the most booted soundboard gig of the Clash with non being complete. Time tells me it is complete and includes Spanish Bombs, the 30th track on any soundboard release.

It's £25 and is an audience recording.
https://www.discjapan.com/product/clash ... rdour-428/
As much as I typically prefer soundboards, this one is problematically mixed so I have high hopes for a decent audience tape.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

The audience recording has been uploaded here before. Year or so ago. It's funner sounding than the pro version

Blackmarketclash
Dirty Punk

Post by Blackmarketclash »

Had a good search but can't find the link to it. Would be grateful if someone would reshare. Thanks Graham

yetaca wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 7:01pm
The audience recording has been uploaded here before. Year or so ago. It's funner sounding than the pro version

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Blackmarketclash wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 12:25pm
Had a good search but can't find the link to it. Would be grateful if someone would reshare. Thanks Graham

yetaca wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 7:01pm
If my memory is correct: The audience version was uploaded same time as a version of the pro source with the new songs added in to pro source. Then the audience source was taken down for some reason.

This is what remains
https://youtu.be/qC7TO6sMfUY

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Just found my copy. Its v good for an aud