HAND WRITTEN CLASH SET LISTS

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
ABADABA
Corner Soul

HAND WRITTEN CLASH SET LISTS

Post by ABADABA »

Does anyone on this forum have any knowledge or expertise regarding Original Hand Written Clash Set Lists ? ***** Ultra rare 7 song REHEARSAL Set List from Camden 1976 !
DSC_0001.JPG
********** Hand signed by Joe , Mick , Paul and Terry Chimes !
Last edited by ABADABA on 16 Feb 2022, 3:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABADABA
Corner Soul

Re: HAND WRITTEN CLASH SET LISTS

Post by ABADABA »

Hand written notation on back :
DSC_0008.JPG

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Nice! Wonder what this is from — looks like the note says "rehearsal"?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

ABADABA wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 3:41pm
Hand written notation on back : DSC_0008.JPG
I'm trying to make out the date beyond "76." I'm assuming the one to the left of 76 would be the month based on how UK does date vs. US, but it looks like "02" which doesn't make sense.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

ABADABA
Corner Soul

Post by ABADABA »

I think it does indeed refer to the month , 02 and the zero before , is merely an acknowledgment of 12 months out of the year ? Other wise it would be a simple 2 with no zero ?

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Unless it's meant to be a 1 and not a zero, which would indicate December, otherwise doesn't make sense. Can't figure the word after Camden at all.

Edit: its studio, not that difficult at all when you stare at it long enough!
Last edited by Low Down Low on 17 Feb 2022, 2:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABADABA
Corner Soul

Post by ABADABA »

All the other ones I have that have notations list the day first month second and year last .They also have all the original Gaffers Tape still attached . 13 Song Set List form 1979 San Fransisco . Boldly signed by Joe , Mick and Paul
DSC_0062..JPG
DSC_0061..JPG
Last edited by ABADABA on 17 Feb 2022, 5:29pm, edited 2 times in total.

ABADABA
Corner Soul

Post by ABADABA »

DSC_0062.JPG
******* Notation on back : 13 / 10 /79 Kegan SF ******
DSC_0062.JPG
Attachments
DSC_0065.JPG

ABADABA
Corner Soul

Post by ABADABA »

Sorry I was unable to post an overall photo as these are High Resolution images and this forums file limit is apparently 10 mb . I will have to reduce the file size for some .

ABADABA
Corner Soul

Post by ABADABA »

RE : Edit: its studio, not that difficult at all when you stare at it long enough! ------- Way FUCKING Cool , I could never make it out properly ! Good on ya Mate !

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

ABADABA wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 2:33pm
RE : Edit: its studio, not that difficult at all when you stare at it long enough! ------- Way FUCKING Cool , I could never make it out properly ! Good on ya Mate !
I think that's what it says anyway and i think the date is something/12/76 which would mean December, 1976, but that's just a guess really.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Low Down Low wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 2:14pm
Unless it's meant to be a 1 and not a zero, which would indicate December, otherwise doesn't make sense. Can't figure the word after Camden at all.

That's Rob Harper era if it's December, but I suppose these signatures were sometime after the fact.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

matedog wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 2:58pm
Low Down Low wrote:

That's Rob Harper era if it's December, but I suppose these signatures were sometime after the fact.
Fair point. The other possibility i thought was 02 was the day and maybe Oct was the word on the left, but it doesn't really look like it and would be an odd way to write a date anyway. I'm all out, basically!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Low Down Low wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 3:16pm
matedog wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 2:58pm
Low Down Low wrote:

Fair point. The other possibility i thought was 02 was the day and maybe Oct was the word on the left, but it doesn't really look like it and would be an odd way to write a date anyway. I'm all out, basically!
I think you were right that it says something/12/76 then rehearsals, Camden studios, London. I thought it said 02/76 rather than 12/76 but looking at it in close up it looks more like 12/76 and that the person who wrote it was very muck into joined up writing!

ABADABA
Corner Soul

Post by ABADABA »

Another VERY early 6 Song Set List from 1977 . Signed by Joe, Mick and Paul .
DSC_0021..JPG
DSC_0029..JPG