Combat Rock 40th anniversary reissue coming soon?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Re: Combat Rock 40th anniversary reissue coming soon?

Post by Low Down Low »

"Outside Bonds" does intrigue me. Really don't know what it could be, just hoping it's more than interviews or newscasts or more stuff like that.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

matedog wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 10:29am
What the hell is "He Who Dares or Is Tired"?
He Who Dares, Wins is the SAS motto. I wonder if it's something related to Sean Flynn.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 2:17am
Matey, I don’t think it’s an excuse. This was a pivotal moment. Joe and Paul and Bernie and Kos chose to deep six Mick’s version behind his back and bring in Glyn. No one has ever expressed regret over that. They did a single album acetate without Mick knowing. Then they sacked him, which Paul still says he doesn’t regret. If Joe was still about, and pushed to release Rat Patrol, I suspect Mick would go along. Maybe. He’s been accused before of being awkward. But yeah, I do think he’d go along if Joe wanted.

We’ve got like half the RP mixes officially? Plus the Casbah single mix? No actual songs meant for RP remain unreleased. Mick’s stance now is that Glyn did a good job. After remastering this new collection, he stands by that. And that Glyn had amazing outboard gear.

I too would to have a spiffy, official release of RP. And yeah, that’s a good narrative you propose. Very Dylan bootleg series.
Just put me in charge of the Legacy series, "Sonny." ;)

And you are right and I knew that, but forgot that last step of logic when posting last night, probably over general frustration without remembering the whole story. This isn't the same story as Shea or the Vanilla demos as you noted.

Thankfully we do have a top notch bootleg of Rat Patrol which is great. I just wish we could promote it officially since bootlegs only go so far as part of the official story.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
05 Apr 2022, 12:33pm
Also, things beginning to stir on FB. The official Clash page have posted a current pic of the album cover location, and also the map coordinates for The People's Hall in Frestonia where some of the album was demoed and recorded.
Which official page are you referring to?
https://www.theclash.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/theclash don't show anything recent.

And lol theclash.com's main page is video link that is blocked by the record company so I can't see it.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

joe darkie wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 10:23am
0DFF6D95-F9F9-4A30-AC3F-0B7A6A0518C4.jpeg
No Peoples Hall side D?
Looks like the 3LP package actually includes a one-sided LP.
And ‘Outside Bonds’ to me suggests just spoken word chat/ newscast stuff.
Still, time will tell.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 11:48am
Heston wrote:
Also, things beginning to stir on FB. The official Clash page have posted a current pic of the album cover location, and also the map coordinates for The People's Hall in Frestonia where some of the album was demoed and recorded.
https://www.theclash.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/theclash don't show anything recent.

And lol theclash.com's main page is video link that is blocked by the record company so I can't see it.
It was posted from The Clash (verified) FB page to The Clash Official on FB.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Heston wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 12:00pm
matedog wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 11:48am
Heston wrote:

It was posted from The Clash (verified) FB page to The Clash Official on FB.
FB The Clash Official Post 04-05-2022.jpg
FB The Clash Official Post 04-05-2022.jpg (69.74 KiB) Viewed 1064 times

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 12:16pm
Well i was right for once
That's good stuff especially this track

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

RR does RTC on Lamaqc. Not what I was expecting 😒

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

lol, from the official clash store I put the cd/lp/cassette bundle + vinyl single in my cart and went to check out and saw shipping was 35 bucks. No thanks.

Anyone know if any of these items are gonna be exclusive to the clash store? I'd rather bargain hunt around, if possible.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

Flex wrote:
06 Apr 2022, 12:32pm
lol, from the official clash store I put the cd/lp/cassette bundle + vinyl single in my cart and went to check out and saw shipping was 35 bucks. No thanks.

Anyone know if any of these items are gonna be exclusive to the clash store? I'd rather bargain hunt around, if possible.
Not sure on those bundles, they might be available from a few other places outside of the main clash site. I just ordered the 7” since it’s more limited and doubt the price is going to be much better anywhere else.

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

The single is available now on Amazon music and Spotify!