Combat Rock 40th anniversary reissue coming soon?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Combat Rock 40th anniversary reissue coming soon?

Post by Marky Dread »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
23 May 2022, 9:39pm
Mark^Bastard wrote:
23 May 2022, 1:27am
evair wrote:
22 May 2022, 2:57pm
By the Way, Don Letts said he already have the C90 of the original Rat Patrol. We should ask him...
What's a C90? Master tape?
Your question reminded me of this song:

Really like that track.😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2022, 5:18am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Mark^Bastard wrote:
evair wrote:
By the Way, Don Letts said he already have the C90 of the original Rat Patrol. We should ask him...

Really like that track.😎
Love it and what a lyric!

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Low Down Low wrote:
24 May 2022, 6:10am
Marky Dread wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Mark^Bastard wrote:
evair wrote:

Really like that track.😎
I still have that on cassette!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

laxman wrote:
24 May 2022, 6:57am
Low Down Low wrote:
24 May 2022, 6:10am
Marky Dread wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Mark^Bastard wrote:

Really like that track.😎
I still have that on cassette!
I'm sure I have it on a C60 somewhere which i recorded off the radio.

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

When could "He Who Dares or Is Tired" have been recorded :?:
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
24 May 2022, 7:19am
Ear Studios, The People's Hall, Frestonia. October 1981.

Is my guess.

The band appeared in the front cover of Zigzag magazine standing outside The Apocalypse Hotel at Frestonia. The magazine issued in November 1981.
Attachments
The-Clash-at-Apocalypse-Hotel.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2022, 8:07am
Red Angel wrote:

Is my guess.

The band appeared in the front cover of Zigzag magazine standing outside The Apocalypse Hotel at Frestonia. The magazine issued in November 1981.
Plus Barnacle was on those sessions and appears to be on that song. He was also at the April sessions so that’s a possibility too.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
24 May 2022, 8:33am
Marky Dread wrote:
24 May 2022, 8:07am
Red Angel wrote:

Is my guess.

Plus Barnacle was on those sessions and appears to be on that song. He was also at the April sessions so that’s a possibility too.
Yes difficult to pin down exact. I was just listening to "He Who Dares" to see if there are any tell tale signs. Seems closest to "This Is Radio Clash" in sound. But hey it could be anytime between April and November.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

RockaPhillyClash
Corner Soul

Post by RockaPhillyClash »

I’ve received my copy yesterday; triple LP for a demo of Know You Rights – Jokes on me. I had high hopes after the of Ranking Roger – Casbah/Angel release. Side A has just 10-minutes of music. How about something from ‘Inside Bonds’ like Charlie Don’t Surf, Somebody Got Murdered, One More Time, or Radio Clash - or is that too much to ask for $60. Sorry, quick to judge, maybe ‘Outside Bonds’ will grow on me overtime and will be considered essential by the time the remastered super deluxe version of the People Hall is released ‘Outside Broadcast Version’. Mysteriously, 'Radio One' is included while the extended version of Inoculated City, Atom Tan, and others are painfully excluded. Oh right, Joe's memory - I forgot. 'He Who Dares' sounds to me like Jamming Car Jamming. There's an edited 1st Night and an unedited long Time Jerk. Then there’s the egregious side six. Who, not named Joe Jackson, charges for an empty side (Sandinista! jokes aside). Clearly there was an issue of some sort at the pressing plant. I assume this is where the missing non-LP/extended tracks were to go. As I understand it, each of the remaining band members has the right to veto any given project. Mick being such a fanboy of the groups he supported in his early days, I can’t believe that he was the obstacle to something more gratifying for the asking price. Paul …?

Equaliser
Dirty Punk

Post by Equaliser »

RockaPhillyClash wrote:
25 May 2022, 11:25am
I’ve received my copy yesterday; triple LP for a demo of Know You Rights – Jokes on me. I had high hopes after the of Ranking Roger – Casbah/Angel release. Side A has just 10-minutes of music. How about something from ‘Inside Bonds’ like Charlie Don’t Surf, Somebody Got Murdered, One More Time, or Radio Clash - or is that too much to ask for $60. Sorry, quick to judge, maybe ‘Outside Bonds’ will grow on me overtime and will be considered essential by the time the remastered super deluxe version of the People Hall is released ‘Outside Broadcast Version’. Mysteriously, 'Radio One' is included while the extended version of Inoculated City, Atom Tan, and others are painfully excluded. Oh right, Joe's memory - I forgot. 'He Who Dares' sounds to me like Jamming Car Jamming. There's an edited 1st Night and an unedited long Time Jerk. Then there’s the egregious side six. Who, not named Joe Jackson, charges for an empty side (Sandinista! jokes aside). Clearly there was an issue of some sort at the pressing plant. I assume this is where the missing non-LP/extended tracks were to go. As I understand it, each of the remaining band members has the right to veto any given project. Mick being such a fanboy of the groups he supported in his early days, I can’t believe that he was the obstacle to something more gratifying for the asking price. Paul …?
Outside bonds is never going to grow on anyone. "Have you ever had the feeling you been cheated?"

YoungParisians
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by YoungParisians »

Just realized that He Who Dares Wins is also the name of a live album by Theatre of Hate. It was recorded in Sept 81 and released in early 1982. Mick produced their studio album Westworld in August 1981.

Wonder if that old motto was being thrown around during both Theatre's and Clash's recording sessions and that's why it appeared as album / song title? Also, maybe it means the Clash song was recorded in August 81?

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatre_o ... re_of_Hate
R-506137-1251919793.jpg
Hello? Go ahead, man. Yeah I'd just like to say, um, lets have some music now, huh? Ok, ok...thank you.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

YoungParisians wrote:
25 May 2022, 3:14pm
Just realized that He Who Dares Wins is also the name of a live album by Theatre of Hate. It was recorded in Sept 81 and released in early 1982. Mick produced their studio album Westworld in August 1981.

Wonder if that old motto was being thrown around during both Theatre's and Clash's recording sessions and that's why it appeared as album / song title? Also, maybe it means the Clash song was recorded in August 81?

R-506137-1251919793.jpg
Listen to "Do You Believe in the Westworld" and then play that version of "Know Your Rights" from the new release. ;)

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2022, 3:21pm
YoungParisians wrote:

R-506137-1251919793.jpg
Listen to "Do You Believe in the Westworld" and then play that version of "Know Your Rights" from the new release. ;)
I'll take a listen. Both the Leeds and Berlin shows were released as He Who Dares Wins LPs. I have the Berlin version, Laxwife has the Leeds version.

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

RockaPhillyClash wrote:
25 May 2022, 11:25am
Well said.👍
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
25 May 2022, 3:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 May 2022, 3:21pm
YoungParisians wrote:

R-506137-1251919793.jpg
I'll take a listen. Both the Leeds and Berlin shows were released as He Who Dares Wins LPs. I have the Berlin version, Laxwife has the Leeds version.
I've got the cd box set.

The opening drums and general feel of "Westworld" is very similar to that early "Know Your Rights".

Inspired by Antonin Artaud's book Theatre and its Double, the new band took its name from the concept of the Theatre of Cruelty.

Theatre of Hate inspired by Theatre of Cruelty.

Theatre of Cruelty a track from Ellen Foley "Spirit of St. Louis"

Theatre of the Absurd a track from Ian Hunter "Short Back n' Sides.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia