Combat Rock 40th anniversary reissue coming soon?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
deny
Long Time Jerk

Re: Combat Rock 40th anniversary reissue coming soon?

Post by deny »

JohnS wrote:
21 May 2022, 4:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 May 2022, 4:37pm

I feel your pain.
Now feel mine.

Triple album.
Green vinyl album.
UK CD
Japanese CD.

At least I didn't go for the red vinyl edition also. :mrgreen:
Or the Japanese clear vinyl. With vast shipping costs.
Some fan, you are…. !
All of the above and t-shirt & tote bag 😳
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

deny wrote:
21 May 2022, 5:15pm
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I feel your pain.
Now feel mine.

Triple album.
Green vinyl album.
UK CD
Japanese CD.

Some fan, you are…. !
Did you get the limited edition toilet brush? I was going to get it but I've got enough crap already. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 May 2022, 5:24pm
deny wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I feel your pain.
Now feel mine.

Triple album.
Green vinyl album.
UK CD
Japanese CD.

Some fan, you are…. !
Did you get the limited edition toilet brush? I was going to get it but I've got enough crap already. 😉
Flushing sure beats brushing!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
21 May 2022, 5:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
deny wrote:
JohnS wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I feel your pain.
Now feel mine.

Triple album.
Green vinyl album.
UK CD
Japanese CD.

Some fan, you are…. !
I knew someone would get it. You win 10 copies of the new album. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 May 2022, 5:42pm
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
deny wrote:
JohnS wrote:

Some fan, you are…. !
I was really hoping to win the toilet brush but that's good too, might bump it up from 55 to 54 in the charts.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky Dread wrote:

It’d make you clean round the bend 😂
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
21 May 2022, 5:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
deny wrote:

I was really hoping to win the toilet brush but that's good too, might bump it up from 55 to 54 in the charts.
You're flushed with success.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JohnS wrote:
21 May 2022, 5:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:

It’d make you clean round the bend 😂
Inoculated privy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 May 2022, 6:14pm
Low Down Low wrote:
21 May 2022, 5:52pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

You're flushed with success.
He who dares ;)

KCportland
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by KCportland »

I listened to my copy Rat Patrol, assembled from the acetate and sound system, on a long evening drive to back to Seattle. From beginning to end. My favorite Clash album album. Try as they (he) might to keep it from people, I have it and can listen to it whenever I want. Fuck em.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

topperville wrote:
21 May 2022, 4:12pm
I’ll be honest here - I’m angry! I bought the CD edition despite having serious reservations, having read the info regarding what was on it. I’ve bought everything they’ve ever released from day one, White Riot single, first album with red sticker, freebie Capitol Radio EP in the post etc… Spent hard earned pocket money on those. Spent my paper round money on gigs in Torquay and Exeter and Bristol before I could earn some proper money to travel further afield to see them. Why? Because I love the band but… I’m never gonna play this release again! I’ve spent today playing the version of Rat Patrol that I created from Sound System and the acetate several times in an attempt to cheer myself up. I feel totally cheated and conned by the remaining members now. And I say that that with a heavy heart! What has happened to the band that would haul kids through windows to see their gigs for free, insist on two albums for the price of one, release a triple for £4.99? TeddyB - please pass on my views to Mick! Very, very sad quite frankly!
The CD packaging doesn't even have the pocket in the center to hold the booklet and poster/lyric sheet. What's up with that? If I wasn't careful when first opening it, the booklet and poster would've fallen out. The Clash Hits Back CD has the booklet pocket, so this is odd.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

"Outside Bonds" seems to be audio extracted from footage shot by Don. I'd much rather *watch* this footage than to listen to it. This footage should be released.

And of course, the track has no place on a Combat Rock release.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
22 May 2022, 12:01am
topperville wrote:
21 May 2022, 4:12pm
I’ll be honest here - I’m angry! I bought the CD edition despite having serious reservations, having read the info regarding what was on it. I’ve bought everything they’ve ever released from day one, White Riot single, first album with red sticker, freebie Capitol Radio EP in the post etc… Spent hard earned pocket money on those. Spent my paper round money on gigs in Torquay and Exeter and Bristol before I could earn some proper money to travel further afield to see them. Why? Because I love the band but… I’m never gonna play this release again! I’ve spent today playing the version of Rat Patrol that I created from Sound System and the acetate several times in an attempt to cheer myself up. I feel totally cheated and conned by the remaining members now. And I say that that with a heavy heart! What has happened to the band that would haul kids through windows to see their gigs for free, insist on two albums for the price of one, release a triple for £4.99? TeddyB - please pass on my views to Mick! Very, very sad quite frankly!
The CD packaging doesn't even have the pocket in the center to hold the booklet and poster/lyric sheet. What's up with that? If I wasn't careful when first opening it, the booklet and poster would've fallen out. The Clash Hits Back CD has the booklet pocket, so this is odd.
That's strange my copy does. The poster and booklet are in the middle opening.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 May 2022, 4:58am
lanini66 wrote:
21 May 2022, 4:49am
APACHES67 wrote:
20 May 2022, 9:29am
I was waiting For Inoculated City complete Version from Rat Patrol but i find a useless Out of Bond's, i hoped to have unreleased songs(Once You Know, Boy from NYC, Cool Confusion Instrumental, Hell W10, Cinders, Capitol Air...)but i have a blank side D. See you next with Combat Rock 50 Anniversary! No CBS...No Claim with Bluff and Swindle!
Boys from NYC???? Cinders???? Never heard of them. Where have you heard about?
Cinders - Suzi Ronson. Nothing to do with Combat Rock.

"This was recorded as a favour to Mrs. Ronson during demos at EAR studios off Elgin Avenue in 1981. Gary Barnacle played sax not John Lennard. The song was never developed further." - Info from Baker Glare.

Boy from New York City. Clash II soundcheck which is instrumental and I think is actually a run through of Tommy Tucker's Hi-Heeled Sneakers. Unless there is another version I'm unaware of.

Capital Air. Belongs with Sandinista! for my money. It's had an official release on the Allen Ginsberg box set and a sampler CD of the box set. I've got the sampler.
Thath's right "Marky Dread" (nothing to do with Combat Rock) but as a Clash fan i spent enough money, so i would be happy to have more unreleased songs on The People's Hall instead of only one("He who dares...") i deserve it. "Cinders" by the way is from 1981("Radio One" from 1980 and already edited as Bside), so it could be released in The People's Hall more than "Radio One" and more than a useless "Outside Bond's", even because (as you know) the music is made by The Clash, Suzi Ronson is credited for the lirycs. Instead we Have "Outside Bond's" while "Cinders" buried maybe forever. I claim to CBS unreleased songs from 1981 like "Walk Evil Talk", "Hell W10","Once You Know","Cinders", "Cool Confusion Instrumental" , Inoculated City" complete version....instead of an empty D side, bad joke from CBS. It's like they want a revenge against "London Calling" with half price and "Sandinista" almost half price.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

APACHES67 wrote:
22 May 2022, 3:47am
Marky Dread wrote:
21 May 2022, 4:58am
lanini66 wrote:
21 May 2022, 4:49am
APACHES67 wrote:
20 May 2022, 9:29am
I was waiting For Inoculated City complete Version from Rat Patrol but i find a useless Out of Bond's, i hoped to have unreleased songs(Once You Know, Boy from NYC, Cool Confusion Instrumental, Hell W10, Cinders, Capitol Air...)but i have a blank side D. See you next with Combat Rock 50 Anniversary! No CBS...No Claim with Bluff and Swindle!
Boys from NYC???? Cinders???? Never heard of them. Where have you heard about?
Cinders - Suzi Ronson. Nothing to do with Combat Rock.

"This was recorded as a favour to Mrs. Ronson during demos at EAR studios off Elgin Avenue in 1981. Gary Barnacle played sax not John Lennard. The song was never developed further." - Info from Baker Glare.

Boy from New York City. Clash II soundcheck which is instrumental and I think is actually a run through of Tommy Tucker's Hi-Heeled Sneakers. Unless there is another version I'm unaware of.

Capital Air. Belongs with Sandinista! for my money. It's had an official release on the Allen Ginsberg box set and a sampler CD of the box set. I've got the sampler.
Thath's right "Marky Dread" (nothing to do with Combat Rock) but as a Clash fan i spent enough money, so i would be happy to have more unreleased songs on The People's Hall instead of only one("He who dares...") i deserve it. "Cinders" by the way is from 1981("Radio One" from 1980 and already edited as Bside), so it could be released in The People's Hall more than "Radio One" and more than a useless "Outside Bond's", even because (as you know) the music is made by The Clash, Suzi Ronson is credited for the lirycs. Instead we Have "Outside Bond's" while "Cinders" buried maybe forever. I claim to CBS unreleased songs from 1981 like "Walk Evil Talk", "Hell W10","Once You Know","Cinders", "Cool Confusion Instrumental" , Inoculated City" complete version....instead of an empty D side, bad joke from CBS. It's like they want a revenge against "London Calling" with half price and "Sandinista" almost half price.
Sure but I don't want "Cinders" on a CR release any more than I do "Radio One" neither belong on it. I understand your frustration as "The People's Hall" offers very slim pickings for the people. "Radio One" isn't even a Clash track. So it makes no sense at all to me as to why it was felt necessary to include it. Maybe it's a hint that there'll be no expanded Sandinista! ever.

I think it's a real shame Mick has chosen not to release the full Rat Patrol as it's practically all out there now and will be bootlegged for ever and a day. Better to have a good sounding official release. But at the end of the day it's Mick's decision and as much as I dislike it I respect it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia