You won't believe what happened with Cut the Crap! Engineers don't want you to know this simple trick!

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: You won't believe what happened with Cut the Crap! Engineers don't want you to know this simple trick!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:09pm
Shit, sorry, folks—I totally forgot about this yesterday. I did two "songs" with Sound Enhancement yakked to 100% and then turned on Vocal Boost. I don't know if this is better—but at this point I can't give this stuff anything close to a fair hearing—but it's … different.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhczwpa6drskp ... n.mp3?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jfvdsoffbj7m ... t.mp3?dl=0

If people think it's worth doing the whole thing, I'll do it later in the week.
I don't know what others think but I'm not hearing much difference.
I hear something more akin to your LC remix that I described as "You don't need to come in Paul, we got this." Vocals and guitars sound more pronounced, more distinct to me, while bass and drums are pushed back.
I only listened on my phone initially. Then via my pc and yes much less bass. Ironic you mention "You don't need to come in Paul, we got this." as on this album he didn't. 🤣
As anybody put forward a daffy "Paul could have saved CtC" theory before?
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Re: You won't believe what happened with Cut the Crap! Engineers don't want you to know this simple trick!

Post by IkarisOne »

I'm willing to bet it all sounded pretty good on the studio monitors before Bernie went on his overdub bender. Even the drum machine makes a lot more sense. I feel like I should apologize to Fayne. It's not the best programming I've ever heard but it's not his fault Bernie lost his marbles.

I have a pretty OK recording program on my phone. I'll try seeing if I can capture when I'm done with work.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:09pm
coffeepotman wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:03pm
AudioHijack does do a proper recording. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see if I can do it correctly (no guarantee!) and upload the results.
Well I for one am really curious to hear this....and also I do really need another version of CTC, I've only like 4 different versions so could always use another!
[/quote]

If you don't have 5 versions of CtC you ain't nothing.😉
[/quote]

Awwwww man, I'm sorry, you did at least 3 versions of it so I must have at least 5 or 6 ;)

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

I should also add that computer speakers tend to equalize and recompress the signal, in the same way certain kinds of headphones do. Which kind of puts you right back to square one. And unless they're really kickass high-end deals with separate woofers and tweeters, that means they punch down the bass. LIke I said, I've got pretty decent Bose jobs, but they're not created for high fidelity.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

IkarisOne wrote:
16 May 2022, 2:12pm
I should also add that computer speakers tend to equalize and recompress the signal, in the same way certain kinds of headphones do. Which kind of puts you right back to square one. And unless they're really kickass high-end deals with separate woofers and tweeters, that means they punch down the bass. LIke I said, I've got pretty decent Bose jobs, but they're not created for high fidelity.
My PC speakers are high-end and I heard much less bass in the files doc uploaded. They are mp3s so maybe they lost something from being captured through the software. Compared to you hearing direct.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 May 2022, 2:26pm
IkarisOne wrote:
My PC speakers are high-end and I heard much less bass in the files doc uploaded. They are mp3s so maybe they lost something from being captured through the software. Compared to you hearing direct.
I can't listen to any MP3s on my main system. They sound good with all that compression on the computer speakers but even high bitrate files are like fingernails on a blackboard through conventional amplification..

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

IkarisOne wrote:
16 May 2022, 3:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 May 2022, 2:26pm
IkarisOne wrote:
I can't listen to any MP3s on my main system. They sound good with all that compression on the computer speakers but even high bitrate files are like fingernails on a blackboard through conventional amplification..
I'm not a fan of mp3s. Just WAV for me these days.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

IkarisOne wrote:
16 May 2022, 12:31pm
appleseed1 wrote:
15 May 2022, 9:11pm
Do you have to have a Mac to do this?
As far as I know. But here's a rundown on similar software: https://moviemaker.minitool.com/moviema ... ancer.html
Thank you!

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

This sounds a bit muffled- I think my phone is getting ready to go - but you can still hear that there's actual separation and that the bass and drums and the vocals really charge to the front - I've never heard them this clearly before. It seriously sounds like a pro remix - no lie. The bass on Three Card Trick is like Metal Box loud. My puppy was bugging me to go out so...

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

IkarisOne wrote:
16 May 2022, 11:54pm
This sounds a bit muffled- I think my phone is getting ready to go - but you can still hear that there's actual separation and that the bass and drums and the vocals really charge to the front - I've never heard them this clearly before. It seriously sounds like a pro remix - no lie. The bass on Three Card Trick is like Metal Box loud. My puppy was bugging me to go out so...

Can see what you mean with Three Card Trick for sure, very noticeable difference.