You won't believe what happened with Cut the Crap! Engineers don't want you to know this simple trick!

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: You won't believe what happened with Cut the Crap! Engineers don't want you to know this simple trick!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

IkarisOne wrote:
14 May 2022, 4:17pm
white man wrote:
14 May 2022, 3:20pm
IkarisOne wrote:
14 May 2022, 8:49am
white man wrote:
14 May 2022, 2:55am
Any chance of capturing it CK

What exactly do you mean by capturing, Whitemanny?
Recording whatever you're outputting
What do you suggest? Recording it with a phone is just going to recompress it and cancel out the effect. Any suggestions?

Also, use the "vocal booster" setting in options.
If you play it via a Mac, AudioHijack lets you record the audio of any app at the bitrate you specify. If Apple Music is free and you tell me the exact settings, I can give it a shot.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Re: You won't believe what happened with Cut the Crap! Engineers don't want you to know this simple trick!

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I checked the date and its not April 1st :naughty:

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2022, 4:56pm
IkarisOne wrote:
white man wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
white man wrote:
14 May 2022, 2:55am
Any chance of capturing it CK

What do you suggest? Recording it with a phone is just going to recompress it and cancel out the effect. Any suggestions?

If you play it via a Mac, AudioHijack lets you record the audio of any app at the bitrate you specify. If Apple Music is free and you tell me the exact settings, I can give it a shot.
Does it record the output? Some just lift the data, like the file itself. Anyhow just go into preferences, click on playback, click on sound enhancer and go anywhere from 50 to 100% on depending on your equipment. The higher you go the more you should use the vocal boost option. You select the files, go to get info, go to options and select from the pulldown menu. Let me know how it goes.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

IkarisOne wrote:
14 May 2022, 8:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 May 2022, 4:56pm
IkarisOne wrote:
white man wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:

Does it record the output? Some just lift the data, like the file itself. Anyhow just go into preferences, click on playback, click on sound enhancer and go anywhere from 50 to 100% on depending on your equipment. The higher you go the more you should use the vocal boost option. You select the files, go to get info, go to options and select from the pulldown menu. Let me know how it goes.
AudioHijack does do a proper recording. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see if I can do it correctly (no guarantee!) and upload the results.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

You'll need to slow the album down by at least 3% as the whole thing was varispeeded.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Do you have to have a Mac to do this?

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

appleseed1 wrote:
15 May 2022, 9:11pm
Do you have to have a Mac to do this?
As far as I know. But here's a rundown on similar software: https://moviemaker.minitool.com/moviema ... ancer.html

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

[/quote]

AudioHijack does do a proper recording. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see if I can do it correctly (no guarantee!) and upload the results.
[/quote]

Well I for one am really curious to hear this....and also I do really need another version of CTC, I've only like 4 different versions so could always use another!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:03pm
[/quote]

Well I for one am really curious to hear this....and also I do really need another version of CTC, I've only like 4 different versions so could always use another!
[/quote]

If you don't have 5 versions of CtC you ain't nothing.😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Shit, sorry, folks—I totally forgot about this yesterday. I did two "songs" with Sound Enhancement yakked to 100% and then turned on Vocal Boost. I don't know if this is better—but at this point I can't give this stuff anything close to a fair hearing—but it's … different.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhczwpa6drskp ... n.mp3?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jfvdsoffbj7m ... t.mp3?dl=0

If people think it's worth doing the whole thing, I'll do it later in the week.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:09pm
Shit, sorry, folks—I totally forgot about this yesterday. I did two "songs" with Sound Enhancement yakked to 100% and then turned on Vocal Boost. I don't know if this is better—but at this point I can't give this stuff anything close to a fair hearing—but it's … different.

I don't know what others think but I'm not hearing much difference.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I hear something more akin to your LC remix that I described as "You don't need to come in Paul, we got this." Vocals and guitars sound more pronounced, more distinct to me, while bass and drums are pushed back.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:26pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 May 2022, 1:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I hear something more akin to your LC remix that I described as "You don't need to come in Paul, we got this." Vocals and guitars sound more pronounced, more distinct to me, while bass and drums are pushed back.
I only listened on my phone initially. Then via my pc and yes much less bass. Ironic you mention "You don't need to come in Paul, we got this." as on this album he didn't. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Weird, I get HUGE bass and drums when I play it. Then again I'm playing through a 100 watt amplifier and speakers with ten inch woofers. Every system is different I suppose.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

I'd mess around some of the other software. There may be other albums that you can try it out on. I would not try it out on small speakers. I have pretty decent Bose computer speakers but the big change comes when I bluetooth the signal into my stereo system.