EET WEEK 2022! (Tha Deuce Deuce)

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: EET WEEK 2022! (Tha Deuce Deuce)

Post by Heston »

KCportland wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 4:47pm
Reading the almost 100+ comments on my post, it's amazing the vitriol people have for not just the lineup, but for Nick, Pete and Vince themselves. Grown ass men calling these working musicians chumps, stooges and losers and, most funnily, a "boy band".

Really fascinating reaction. Here was my post btw :mrgreen:

Screenshots_2022-06-15-13-47-24.png
The boy band thing mystified me too. The new guys were older than the Clash when they started.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I don't understand the malice towards Nick, Pete and Vince. When it should be directed towards Bernie, Kosmo Joe and Paul if anyone.

Nick, Pete, and Vince didn't ditch Topper or sack Mick.

I saw the new band live in Brixton and they were good. Not great but then Topper and Mick are a damn hard act to follow. They were irreplaceable in my opinion.

The album is simply a mess produced by someone who shouldn't have been anywhere near the recording studio. Every bad choice possible is made production wise.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 6:01pm
I don't understand the malice towards Nick, Pete and Vince. When it should be directed towards Bernie, Kosmo Joe and Paul if anyone.

I saw the new band live in Brixton and they were good. Not great but then Topper and Mick are a damn hard act to follow. They were irreplaceable in my opinion.

The album is simply a mess produced by someone who shouldn't have been anywhere near the recording studio. Every bad choice possible is made production wise.
Nick, Pete, and Vince are the only ones who don't merit any blame in the whole shitshow. The deserved much better than to be associated with the resulting mess.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 6:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:

Nick, Pete, and Vince are the only ones who don't merit any blame in the whole shitshow. The deserved much better than to be associated with the resulting mess.
Well, Vince may not have deserved better
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 6:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 6:13pm
Marky Dread wrote:

Well, Vince may not have deserved better
Even I can't blame him for anything CTC related, bless his replacement theorist's soul.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 4:56pm
KCportland wrote:
Reading the almost 100+ comments on my post, it's amazing the vitriol people have for not just the lineup, but for Nick, Pete and Vince themselves. Grown ass men calling these working musicians chumps, stooges and losers and, most funnily, a "boy band".

The boy band thing mystified me too. The new guys were older than the Clash when they started.
I don't even understand that insult when it's leveled at the Pistols. I know you've seen some of these on FB lately with the Pistol show reviews. People just internalize whatever they've heard from somebody else and then it becomes truth.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 6:32pm
Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 4:56pm
KCportland wrote:

I don't even understand that insult when it's leveled at the Pistols. I know you've seen some of these on FB lately with the Pistol show reviews. People just internalize whatever they've heard from somebody else and then it becomes truth.
The allure of pre-packaged cynicism cannot be underestimated.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:

That's the hard part for many I'm sure. The "original Clash" is so special to me and many others, it's just hard to believe that things ended the way they did. Probably easier to blame the new guys than to admit our heroes made some bad decisions.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

I think the problem was calling the new band "The Clash" when it clearly wasn't. If Joe, Paul, Vince etc. called their band something else, ANYTHING else, it wouldn't be so bad. Yes, the record they made was, in ironic fact, crap, but the fact that said crap had "The Clash" on it pretty much guaranteed failure because it just wasn't "The Clash" anymore.
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

weller259 wrote:
15 Jun 2022, 9:57pm
I think the problem was calling the new band "The Clash" when it clearly wasn't. If Joe, Paul, Vince etc. called their band something else, ANYTHING else, it wouldn't be so bad. Yes, the record they made was, in ironic fact, crap, but the fact that said crap had "The Clash" on it pretty much guaranteed failure because it just wasn't "The Clash" anymore.
'The Crash".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bernard Rhodes' All-Clash Revue featuring J. Strummer and His Players

ohsoso
Dirty Punk

Post by ohsoso »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 3:58am
weller259 wrote:
'The Crash".
like they did for house of the juju queen - janie jones & the lash. could just shorten it more - the ash.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

ohsoso wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 9:38am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 3:58am
weller259 wrote:
'The Crash".
like they did for house of the juju queen - janie jones & the lash. could just shorten it more - the ash.
"The Lash" in context was quite clever though.😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Good god, that yellow border.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 2:47pm
Good god, that yellow border.
I just see a great big block of yellow in my phone. Then all goes to normal.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia