It's Easy Being Bernie

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: It's Easy Being Bernie

Post by Marky Dread »

SuzukiSamurai wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 12:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 12:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 8:01am
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 7:18am
So do we reckon Bernie thought he was onto something new with this atrocity?

I wonder what inspired his madness. Those samples and electronic drums. Who on earth did he the "The Clash" were competing with, BAD?
The premise wasn't wrong (tho perhaps/probably wrong for The Clash; I lean to probably) in marrying back-to-basics rock to noisy electronics, but it does take some ability and ear to pull it off. It was a bit of a new frontier so there's bound to be a lot of failures amidst the successes, but I doubt Bernie had any idea of what he ultimately wanted it to sound like. Clownshoes stepping rakes as far as the eye could see.
Great analogy.
I think Clownshoes & Rakes would be a good name for the next CtC remix...
🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: It's Easy Being Bernie

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 8:01am
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 7:18am
So do we reckon Bernie thought he was onto something new with this atrocity?

I wonder what inspired his madness. Those samples and electronic drums. Who on earth did he the "The Clash" were competing with, BAD?
The premise wasn't wrong (tho perhaps/probably wrong for The Clash; I lean to probably) in marrying back-to-basics rock to noisy electronics, but it does take some ability and ear to pull it off. It was a bit of a new frontier so there's bound to be a lot of failures amidst the successes, but I doubt Bernie had any idea of what he ultimately wanted it to sound like. Clownshoes stepping rakes as far as the eye could see.
Insert obvious Sideshow Robert gif here.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc